PDA

View Full Version : The best coral video I have ever seen.

Zeagle Eagle
04-28-2014, 19:57
This is the best or certainly in the top two or three, video of coral that I have ever seen and I have seen a lot in my 40+ years of diving.

http://vimeo.com/88829079

I could watch it over and over.

Asting
04-28-2014, 21:54
Very cool. Do you have a saltwater aquarium?

Zeagle Eagle
04-29-2014, 20:15
I had a salt water aquarium for years. 110 gallons it was a reef tank to start and then a coral tank. Had to sell it to pay for dive gear...lol

Asting
04-30-2014, 09:20
Gotcha! I used to be really into saltwater tanks, and have had quite a few nano tanks. My favorite was my 5.5 AIO, although I had a 10 and a 29 at various points.
One year leases and moving too frequently really killed it for me. It was way more hassle than it was worth unfortunately.

Once I end up buying a place I want to get a giant tank.

Zeagle Eagle
05-01-2014, 16:02
I know what you mean. I just don't have the time for it right now and technology has changed so much since I had my tank I would have to start over. My daughter has my 120 gallon and half the time I don't know what she is talking about. She has coral I never heard of and it's growing like crazy. LED lights, it wasn't that long ago that halide was all the rage. Bio ball trickle filter, protein skimmer these are all old stuff now. She's got LED,a wave maker, some sort of fancy refugium filter everything is computer
controlled from her iPad.