PDA

View Full Version : Pro Plus 2

comet24
09-24-2007, 18:00
Whats everyones opinions on this computer. I looked at it and really liked it but want to know what people think who have dived with it.

If you use the software to download your dive how do you like it and the interface.

Thanks

TheGoast
09-25-2007, 10:42
I love my "Pro Plus 2", the main reasion I got it was becouse of my eye sight.

With out my glasses (when diving :smiley23:) I need to hold things at arms length to get things into focus. :smiley21:
Being a console type of computer with Big Digits I can read it whith no problem.:smiley20:
I got my computer with Quik-Disconect, compass and the Down-Load lead. (worked out cheeper to get it all together)

If your eye-sight is ok close up then the lenth of the hose that comes with it should not be a problem. When reading the compass I found becouse of my eye-sight problem an other 6" of hose would have been nice.
If your local DS has one in stock I would simulate using the compass with the hose attached. (This is the Only Fault I can find with it).

The Quik-Disconect is a must. I like to be able to carry it around after a dive so that I always have it to hand to check when I can do my next dive.

The reasion I got Air Intergrated was I got fed up having to remember or jot down what Air I went in with and came out with.
Now the computer remembers for me.

While under water, reading it could not be simpler.
Depth
How long a dive you have left befor reaching your set limits
what air you have

There is other info and other menus to look at if you need to but the above is enough for me while doing basic dives.

The software is being tested and improved as we post you can find comments at:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oceanic/187730-oceanlog-beta-version-2-1-4-available.html

I use both Ocean Log and one I wrote my self.
Ocean Log will give you all the technacal info you need about your dive and if you want to create a total diary of you experiance compleate with photo's then it will.
I did my training with PADI so I have done a program that works out my pressure groups Prints a PADI log for me. (you can find it in the DIY bit).

I have done over 80 dives with it sofar, its been traped between rocks and dive boat ladders, and draged across several car parks and is still as good as the day I got it.

Oh that reminds me, make shure it comes with the plastic screen protector. It looks like the bit of plastic you take off your new mobile phone screen but it does the job well (see above:smiley36:).

Another good thing about this computer is, you can change the battery your self. Saying that I havent yet with over 80 dives and the battery indicator say full.

What more can I say, I have had no problems with it so I can not fault it.
It is big and built like a tank, the way I treat it, it needs to be.:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

comet24
09-25-2007, 12:43
Great to hear. I've been looking for a new computer and really liked it when I looked at them but wanted to here from those who have them.

Zenagirl
09-25-2007, 20:53
Ditto to what Theghost said, though it's my husband who dives the Pro+2, not me. I have the Aeris AI which is the same computer in a different case.

jeraldjcook
09-25-2007, 23:20
For a console AI computer I wouldn't buy anything else. Having said that though, I wish I would have bought a hoseless computer.

The software is relatively easy to use, although it has it's problems. They have a new beta version out right now that I have numerous problems with. I can never get the accessories field to work properly and it closes by itself sometimes. I really like the dive print-outs. Plenty of info and a nice dive graph.