PDA

View Full Version : Mask Fit Question

lovesmexico615
09-25-2007, 09:50
Hi, I'm looking for the best way to check a mask's fit above water. I've heard to hold the mask up to your face and inhale to see if the mask stays, and also to just press the mask to your face and not inhale. What is the best way? I have a mask from LDS that I can't return if I bring it in the water and a mask from ST in my hands now. Just trying to figure out the best way to go...

CARDIVER
09-25-2007, 10:06
Bring your reg with you and put the mouthpiece in while you're trying on different mask.....It makes a difference.
You can also just take off the mouthpiece and bring that to the shop.

dallasdivergirl
09-25-2007, 10:26
I learned the hard way about the fit with & with out the reg.

And it should stay on with an inhale.

quasimoto
09-25-2007, 14:49
Stay on with and inhale. This doesn't mean that you should be able to suck the mask to your face but it should stay on your face. I agree bring the mouth piece.

divingmedic
09-25-2007, 14:52
I have a moustache, so it does not matter, what ever mask I have it still leaks, some more than other.

Buoyant1
09-26-2007, 07:04
puttng the mask against my face and inhaling through my nose has never failed me!

wxboy911
09-26-2007, 07:37
I pushed the mask against my face and squeezed some air out and it stayed in place...I also put a snorkel in my mouth-I was buying one of those as well. Worked out pretty well.

BoomerNJ
09-28-2007, 18:51
I have a moustache, so it does not matter, what ever mask I have it still leaks, some more than other.

Hey Divingmedic, I have the same problem with the mustache, which mask have you found works best? I also have a big head & find most masks feel small to me. If anyone has any suggestions I would love some help!

Boomer

Flatliner
09-28-2007, 20:33
Boomer, My dive buddy has the same issue as you. He found one that worked really well for him. I believe that it was an Atomic. Send me an email at wittwer@inebraska.com and I will forward it to him for you.

BoomerNJ
09-29-2007, 11:33
Boomer, My dive buddy has the same issue as you. He found one that worked really well for him. I believe that it was an Atomic. Send me an email at wittwer@inebraska.com and I will forward it to him for you.

Thanks Flatliner, email sent...