PDA

View Full Version : Where to dive?

kazank
09-26-2007, 21:11
I'm going on a cruise and my choices are Barbados, St. Kitts or Dominica. Anyone visited these places. Good or bad sites? Which one is the best?

Thanks

caroln
09-28-2007, 14:37
I've seen all 3 featured in dive magazines, so I'm guessing there's good diving in all 3 spots. Why pick? Just dive them all :) I believe Barbados has some very shallow wrecks that you can do as a shore dive. That might be convenient for you on a cruise since you could do it on your own schedule rather then trying to coordinate the timing of the cruise ship and dive boat.

bversteegh
09-29-2007, 18:10
Dominica has really good critter diving - seahorses, frogfish, crabs/shrimp. Pretty easy diving, vis was OK, but not great. Very pretty topside too - some neat hiking. Don't know anything about the others.

FyVe
09-30-2007, 19:56
man i wanna see a seahorse really badly. I saw one one day at the beach... a TINY one that was floating on one of the little bunches of weed or watever it is at miami beach. my GF threw the bunch at my friend and the seahorse was stuck in his nipple hairs. really weird experience but fun. it was really tiny tho.

scuba Widow
09-30-2007, 20:03
I have not had the pleasure of going to any of them, but I have heard that they are all beautiful.

FyVe
09-30-2007, 20:22
every place is different. choose what you think fits you best. what type of environment will make you feel more comfortable or you would like to chat over with friends? what has the best or most exotic sea life?

Kidder
09-30-2007, 21:00
I've seen all 3 featured in dive magazines, so I'm guessing there's good diving in all 3 spots. Why pick? Just dive them all :) I believe Barbados has some very shallow wrecks that you can do as a shore dive. That might be convenient for you on a cruise since you could do it on your own schedule rather then trying to coordinate the timing of the cruise ship and dive boat.

Barbado's sounds cool as long as your comfortable with wreck diving. WIth them being shallow they should be a bit more forgiving. I have only dove on one wreck, but loved. There just something about diving a man made structure that's just cool. It would be Barbados for me.