PDA

View Full Version : need to service my reg

kmakay
07-15-2007, 08:58
I need to get my reg serviced. We previously lived in Dallas and I haven't had to have it serviced since we moved to Kansas City. Can anyone recommend a shop that does work they trust?

Rascal1933
07-15-2007, 17:53
Hi kmakay!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Well if all else fails,you can always mail your regs to ScubaToy's</DIV>
<DIV>foranyService repairs that you might need. </DIV>
<DIV>Call ahead to make arrangements with them.</DIV>
<DIV>*The last reg service/upgrade Ihad, I just sentthe reg'sto Scuba Toy's to havethe work done there.</DIV>
<DIV>Yeah,I know the postage adds to cost's but at least you know who's taking care of those reg's. http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Rascal</DIV>

quarrydiver
08-14-2007, 23:52
ditto, i'd send em to ST

BusDiver
08-15-2007, 10:54
What type of reg? Look at the companies website and locate your local lds. I sure as heck don't want to send my regs off anywhere. I want to know my lds guy and have them serviced on a regular basis. Then again the guys who run my lds are very good friends of mine and I trust them with my life.

skdvr
08-15-2007, 13:36
The closest I can get you is St Louis shops. Otherwise all I can say is if you get to any lakes or quarries around you ask the other divers their recommendations.

Phil

plot
08-18-2007, 09:31
if it's auqaulung i can recommend a shop

snagel
08-18-2007, 11:52
There are atleast 3 scuba shops in the KC area - Do they not service regs? (or) Are people just not comfortable with them servicing their regs?

S. Nagel

plot
08-18-2007, 12:13
There are atleast 3 scuba shops in the KC area - Do they not service regs? (or) Are people just not comfortable with them servicing their regs?

S. Nagel

i'm comfortable with mine servicing my regs, but they only do aqualung

jeraldjcook
08-22-2007, 18:48
Still looking for a shop? If so, what part of KC and what brand of reg?

brandon
08-23-2007, 02:57
I trust Scubatoys for my regulator service. My reg came back last February from its first annual breathing just as good as it ever did. No problems with it at all, and I dive in cold water that tends to find regulator problems rather quickly.

Just sent it back to Scubatoys a couple weeks ago for repair, and should have it back soon. Turnaround on that repair was quick, with excellent customer service as always!

If Scubatoys can service your brand, I wouldn't hesitate sending it to them.

-B.

Flatliner
08-23-2007, 08:19
I trust Scubatoys for my regulator service. My reg came back last February from its first annual breathing just as good as it ever did. No problems with it at all, and I dive in cold water that tends to find regulator problems rather quickly.

Just sent it back to Scubatoys a couple weeks ago for repair, and should have it back soon. Turnaround on that repair was quick, with excellent customer service as always!

If Scubatoys can service your brand, I wouldn't hesitate sending it to them.

-B.

I would second, third, or fourth this recommendation. My experience with Larry and Joe's crew has been top notch and I wouldn't hesitate to send them my regs again.:smiley20:

cummings66
08-23-2007, 16:48
What brand regulators can Scuba Toys service?

brandon
08-23-2007, 19:39
Larry/Joe will have to confirm, but I believe they service all of the regulator brands they advertise online: Aeris, Atomic, Dacor, Genesis, Mares, Oceanic, Poseidon, Sherwood, Tusa, and Zeagle.

I suspect they're capable of servicing several other brands as well.

I'm curious to find out... some of my club mates have been sending their regulators to various Anchorage and lower 48 locations with mixed success and several very negative experiences. If Scubatoys can service their regs, you can bet I'll point them in their direction!

-B.

beperkins
10-17-2008, 10:35
I've heard that ST does an awesome job.