PDA

View Full Version : It Ain't Texas but..

Timeliner
09-27-2007, 19:10
There should be some activity at Lake Murray , OK this weekend.
I going to head up there Friday afternoon and do a solitary night dive close to the spillway... catch some smooth ZZZzzz's..... then watch the Sunrise and get Social when folks show up in the morning. Saturday is going to be a happening of sorts with folks many of us know.

I'll be in the old '75 GMC Retro Gypsy Girl RV with the black stripe

diverdad
09-27-2007, 21:15
Have a good trip Frank and happy diving.

TX1Chica
09-28-2007, 09:34
Sounds fun. Should be nice weather for it. I can't get away, but I expect a full report next week:)

dallasdivergirl
09-28-2007, 10:06
I will be down the road in Madill celebrating my mom's birthday....I am very tempted to go diving with you guys.

Illini_Fan
09-28-2007, 10:11
I just looked up Madill, OK. Heck you truly are just down the road.

fire diver
09-28-2007, 10:44
Hope you guys have a great time! I'll be diving at TK next weekend. Dang, I STILL haven't dove Murray yet.

FD

Timeliner
09-28-2007, 10:57
I just looked up Madill, OK. Heck you truly are just down the road. You should come join us - but remember no tank rental at Lake Murray. Not sure what, if anything, is available in town.

Actually there is a dive shop at the Lake Murray Marina now....:smiley20:

I saw 3 guys rent tanks just a few weeks ago. I'm going to have to go check that out tomorrow for myself 'cause I'm sure I'll use up the two full tanks I plan to bring.
I don't know if Surface Interval Scuba will be bringing any extra tanks to rent for the Divers Day Out or not.

Illini_Fan
09-28-2007, 11:08
I just looked up Madill, OK. Heck you truly are just down the road. You should come join us - but remember no tank rental at Lake Murray. Not sure what, if anything, is available in town.

Actually there is a dive shop at the Lake Murray Marina now....:smiley20:

I saw 3 guys rent tanks just a few weeks ago. I'm going to have to go check that out tomorrow for myself 'cause I'm sure I'll use up the two full tanks I plan to bring.
I don't know if Surface Interval Scuba will be bringing any extra tanks to rent for the Divers Day Out or not.

Thanks for the update Frank -- I didn't realize that.

dallasdivergirl
09-28-2007, 11:10

I know I am just down the road. :smiley36:
I used to work at Lake Murray (Tucker Tower Nature Center). It was a great drive down back roads to work. Nice and peaceful. I miss the rush 5 minutes.

Unfortuately I am on a time line tonight (Birthday party for Mom) and my reg is at ST (& is ready to go!) but I don't have time to go by there & make the drive to Mom & Dad's in 2 hours. If some one has a super fast time machine or wants to bring me my reg....... I can show up!

Illini_Fan
09-28-2007, 11:17
If some one has a super fast time machine or wants to bring me my reg....... I can show up!

How I'd love to play errand boy for you, but alas, NO. I do have an extra Reg (if you count my son's reg that he won't be using as extra). But no fancy filter and if memory serves you have a console computer. Sorry :smiley21:

dallasdivergirl
09-28-2007, 11:26
If some one has a super fast time machine or wants to bring me my reg....... I can show up!

How I'd love to play errand boy for you, but alas, NO. I do have an extra Reg (if you count my son's reg that he won't be using as extra). But no fancy filter :smiley21:

you would make a fine errand boy! I have faith in you. Some one has got to whip you in to shape for when Miss Right comes along.

I really should be a good daughter and spend the time with the parental unit. I haven't seen them since they came & helped with the move last month.

divechaplain-sara
09-28-2007, 14:57
Wish I could go, but I'll be working.