PDA

View Full Version : Final Decision

mpd525
09-27-2007, 23:28
I'm down to 2 regs, unless someone throws out something else. It's down to the Sherwood Maximus, or the oceanic Delta 4/FDX10. I'm gonna be diving in somewhat coldwater, and eventually deeper diving. Right now it's just rec. diving in the local lake, and taking a trip to Bonaire in June. Someday i would like to be doing some tec diving.

so give some advice and help me make my decision.

Thanks.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-28-2007, 00:02
I love my titan LX supreme with enviromentally sealed first stage.

texdiveguy
09-28-2007, 00:06
I have dove one of these,,Oceanic Delta 4/FDX10 for several years now with good luck,,,its a cold water reg. and preforms great at depth. I have converted it to DIN and removed the swivel stock hose. BUT right out of the box they are top rate breathers.

ScubaGir1
09-28-2007, 02:29
We have the Aqualung Legend LX ACD and love it! Its good for cold water (2nd best to the Supreme). The Supreme version which is known for cold water. We've dove in less than 54 degree water and it was smooth breathing :)

mdwestgrl
09-28-2007, 07:40
My husband and i both dive with the Sherwood Maximus, and it is a great Reg. It is an environmentally sealed 1st stage (because of the dry bleed system) and a great reg in cold water. My husband has had his down past 100' with no problems and in water in the mid 40's. We really like that it is adjustable and it comes on a longer hose so that you route the hose under your arm instead of over it. Sherwoods are knows to be work horses, maybe not the best breather deep but from what my husband says it seems to breathe just fine.

skdvr
09-28-2007, 17:22
Sherwood has my vote... Love my Maximus...

Phil

Black-Gorrilla
09-28-2007, 18:46
i give the oceanic fdx10 my vote. but i would also sugest the dive rite... its a few bux cheaper and a hell of a reg too. that might be my next reg.
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=DiveRiteRG2500

and the $ u save can go to the din/yoke adapter

hoop
10-02-2007, 16:37
Maximus man here......

marchand
10-02-2007, 17:03
Have you looked at the Zeagle Flathead VI?

Flatliner
10-02-2007, 17:10
I need to second the Zeagle advice. I love my Flathead VI. Top of the line and a little less expensive than other TOL regs. You almost can't buy a used one as the go ULTRA QUICK when they are listed on Scubaboard. Not that I would recommend a used one but I do think it speaks to the quality and reputation.

Capt Hook
10-02-2007, 17:55
Can't go wrong with Sherwood for cold water diving.

coralcrazed
10-04-2007, 18:16
my vote goes to oceanic fdx10 delta 4... but then againI gon one coming to my from ST so I may be bias :) All I can say is that I did alot of reading about oceanic products and they are a solid company with great service.

I feel you, I just ordered my stuff. Its not easy to decide.

tremtech
10-04-2007, 18:32
i give the oceanic fdx10 my vote. but i would also sugest the dive rite... its a few bux cheaper and a hell of a reg too. that might be my next reg.
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=DiveRiteRG2500

and the $ u save can go to the din/yoke adapter
I agree this is a awsome reg.It will be my next puchase