PDA

View Full Version : Are SP Twin Jets sized the same as regular jets?

Skinsfan1311
09-28-2007, 12:23
I have a pair of XL ScubaPro Jets, that fit nicely.

I was thinking of trying a lighter fin, and may be interested in purchasing some Twin Jets.

Are the Jets, and Twin Jets sized the same?

Do the Twin Jets weigh significantly less than the regular Jets?

Thanks!

NitroWill
09-28-2007, 12:41
What size shoe/bootie do you wear?
I have a pair of TwinJets in XL for sale on here thatd let you try em out without the big price!

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=4243

Skinsfan1311
09-28-2007, 13:00
What size shoe/bootie do you wear?
I have a pair of TwinJets in XL for sale on here thatd let you try em out without the big price!

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=4243

I wear a 10 1/2 shoe. I think the boots, (5mm), are size 11.

I saw your other thread, and may be interested, but I'm leary of buying stuff like fins, (and masks), over the net.

It's certainly not a trust issue, but a fittingissue. That's why I'm trying to figure out if they'll fit, before I buy.

I bought a pair of SP Jets on-line. They fit great! :smiley20:

I bought a mask on-line. It leaks like a sieve! :smiley21:

Thanks!

NitroWill
09-28-2007, 13:02
Hrm, Im a size 12 bootie and I didnt have issues..
I wouldnt think springs would mind one size down..but if that was the sze you could get smaller springs (<$30) and still come out ahead of new :}

Bigg_Budd
09-28-2007, 13:08
They are not. I have a pair of XXL Twins, and bought XXL Jets. The Jets are super huge. I have to downsize to XL.

Skinsfan1311
09-28-2007, 14:36
They are not. I have a pair of XXL Twins, and bought XXL Jets. The Jets are super huge. I have to downsize to XL.

Interesting.

My XL Jets, w/springs, fit just right with the 5mm boots.

The springs notwithstanding, it sounds like the XL Twins may be too small.

Thanks!

Skinsfan1311
09-28-2007, 14:41
Hrm, Im a size 12 bootie and I didnt have issues..
I wouldnt think springs would mind one size down..but if that was the sze you could get smaller springs (<$30) and still come out ahead of new :}

Understood.

My issue isn't so much the length, but the width. I have fat feet. And to top that off, my right foot is a tad larger than my left foot:smiley5:

My Jets just fit, width-wise. Any smaller, and they would be too snug.

I'd love to try a pair, before buying, but I can't bring myself to go to my LDS to try stuff, then not buy.

I'll think about it......in any case, we'll be on vacation next week.

If I have any money left, (we're going to Vegas),and you still have the fins, I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks!

NitroWill
09-28-2007, 15:15
Ok, I can measure the width for them if it would help..

Probably wont have em in a week - trying to get rid of everything ASAP for the medical bills!

Skinsfan1311
09-28-2007, 19:07
Ok, I can measure the width for them if it would help..

Probably wont have em in a week - trying to get rid of everything ASAP for the medical bills!

Gotcha! I hope it works out for you. Have a great weekend!