PDA

View Full Version : Roll down pocket on Brigade

CaribbeanDiver
09-28-2007, 19:06
Well, I ordered a Brigade a couple of days ago and received it today. Much to my surprise, it had this roll down pocket in the front. I read where Joe or Larry mentioned it but since I have never seen it before I didnt think much about it. Seeing it, I now wonder why Joe and Larry dont brag about it lots more. That is a great bonus.
Frankly, the only thing I find wrong with the Zeagle BCDs (Ranger, Brigade, Stiletto) is that the pockets are slightly too far to the back and a little hard to reach. This roll down pocket may allow me to stow my backup light and SMB in a very accessible out of the way place.
Thanks for the speedy service and selling me a fine product at a great price.:smiley32:

paintsnow
09-29-2007, 02:25
just watch out because its made out of mesh so you dont want to use it too much or it might wear.

of course this all depends on what kind of diving you do.

i use that pocket for anything i find and want to bring up (trash, the occasional shell, money, concrete shoes...you know the usual)

but hey, some people say it works great as a backup mask pocket

ScottZeagle
10-01-2007, 11:06
The roll up pocket on the Brigade isn't made of mesh...as far as I know.

ccarter
10-01-2007, 11:08
The roll up pocket on the Brigade isn't made of mesh...as far as I know.
Like you would know! :smiley36:

Sarcasm of course.. :smiley2:

ScubaToys Larry
10-01-2007, 11:11
Yes, it's just made of the standard material - no mesh whatsoever. I use it to put in a small digital camera when I'm diving. I've also used it for a backup light, smbs etc.

Vercingetorix
10-01-2007, 11:17
Pehaps PaintSnow is referring to this Zeagle Mesh Roll-up Pocket (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleQuickPocket)

ScottZeagle
10-01-2007, 11:38
Pehaps PaintSnow is referring to this Zeagle Mesh Roll-up Pocket (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleQuickPocket)

Could be...but that pocket doesn't come on a Brigade!!

(although Larry would be the one to ask...I'm just guessing!)

;)

reservecops
10-01-2007, 13:40
I use it to put in a small digital camera when I'm diving. I've also used it for a backup light, smbs etc.I put a Snickers bar in there, in case I get hungry while I'm down ... :smilie39:

ScaredSilly
10-03-2007, 16:19
I have had a couple of Rangers and I have cut the pocket off. Just seemed to get in the way. The side pockets were nice for storing a SMB and real in one and a light in the other. Since moving over to a BP/Wing the light is on my should strap and the SMB on a waist pocket that sits off tot he side.

creggur
10-03-2007, 16:53
I like the roll down pocket on the Brigade as well. It stays rolled up out of the way unless I need it!!

highdesert
10-05-2007, 18:27
Since we're talking about Brigades, and pockets, maybe Scott will tune in to this thread again and read my comments about pockets ...

We both (me and my Brigade, wife and LaZer) lost items out of the side pockets of our BC's in Roatan this June. Because they zip forward/down when closed, they only have to be unzipped the tiniest little bit for small items to make themselves lost. When you're in a generally horizontal diving attitude, that opening is essentially at the very "bottom" of the pocket.

But since the pockets are so far around on the side of the BC, you couldn't really run the zipper the other way, since it would be almost impossible to access. As it is, the pockets are sort of "braille only". Solution? Don't know for sure, but I do know that for the two of us, that's about the only complaint ... oh yeah, need a right shoulder dump too.

Actually, an accessory pocket with the loop on the back going crossways, so you could slide it on a shoulder strap, would be a great addition. Every add-on pocket I find is made for mounting on a horizontal strap.