PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson Lake October 6th

georoc01
09-29-2007, 11:21
At least a few of us are going to get another dive in this year. For me, its probably my last local dive of the year.. It will be chilly, but should be fun! And the vis should be better than Aurora or Chatfield.

RonFrank
10-01-2007, 15:02
At least a few of us are going to get another dive in this year. For me, its probably my last local dive of the year.. It will be chilly, but should be fun! And the vis should be better than Aurora or Chatfield.

I'm planning on this, however I will put in the clause... weather permitting!

It's been getting fairly windy in the evenings, and down into the freezing level at night.

Last I dove Jefferson, we'd had very windy conditions all week, and the vis was very bad.. like 2'.

Let's hope for good weather, yesterday was beautific! :smiley17:

RonFrank
10-07-2007, 15:48
There was quite the group of divers at Jefferson yesterday. We had a group of seven, and we ran into some folks from Flat Irons, so nine divers at Jefferson lake was an impressive turnout. The vis was in the 15~20ft range, so good. The water was a chilly 44F. Man I never get used to Attempting to put on my 5mm gloves. The good news is my hands were warmer than most, but what a PITA.

At 10,000 feet (actually a bit higher, and my computer used 11,000 with rounding), the air is thin, the water is cold, and it kinda takes your wind away when you first get in. After a few minutes I relax, and enjoy this type of diving despite the hassle of heavy gear.

I saw some Trout, and some smaller fish (not sure what), and there is a graveyard of lures, and stuff on the bottom. Next time I need to bring a mesh bag or something and make a point of collecting especially the lures.