PDA

View Full Version : Wish I did this before...

cyclone
09-29-2007, 23:18
Now I am in big disappointment just realizing the good diving places in the Philippines. I myself is from the Philippines, came here in the US like 10 years ago. I just can't imagine how people here in the US spent money just to get there. I have been hearing about Scuba since college years. And definitely know the water and beauty of our ocean. Now, that I am into Scuba right now, I can't wait to go back to my homeplace which I am going to enjoy and cherish every part of our ocean. And just incase if anyone of you wanted to come with us, a group trip. Everybody are most welcome, benefiting with the free lodging and food that my family will provide, discount, because I can talk to my people with the same language and ask for it. hahaha:smilie39:. So, the only thing you worry about is the plane ticket and your scuba gear... Hoping it will be soon...

Kidder
09-29-2007, 23:25
Now I am in big disappointment just realizing the good diving places in the Philippines. I myself is from the Philippines, came here in the US like 10 years ago. I just can't imagine how people here in the US spent money just to get there. I have been hearing about Scuba since college years. And definitely know the water and beauty of our ocean. Now, that I am into Scuba right now, I can't wait to go back to my homeplace which I am going to enjoy and cherish every part of our ocean. And just incase if anyone of you wanted to come with us, a group trip. Everybody are most welcome, benefiting with the free lodging and food that my family will provide, discount, because I can talk to my people with the same language and ask for it. hahaha:smilie39:. So, the only thing you worry about is the plane ticket and your scuba gear... Hoping it will be soon...

My wife is from the Philippines and we dove there this past December at Bohol. It was very nice. Lots of sea turtles and lion fish. We had a great time over all. Lots to see in Bohol.

cyclone
09-29-2007, 23:55
That is soooo Kewl...Bohol, Palawan, Batangas, Boracay, Ilocos. Oh my God, you name it. As long as theres water, it's a diving place. Is your wife from Bohol? Tell her "Maganda Ang Mga Babae Sa Pilipinas". She's going to like it.:smiley20:

Kidder
09-30-2007, 00:03
That is soooo Kewl...Bohol, Palawan, Batangas, Boracay, Ilocos. Oh my God, you name it. As long as theres water, it's a diving place. Is your wife from Bohol? Tell her "Maganda Ang Mga Babae Sa Pilipinas". She's going to like it.:smiley20:

She's actually from Manila. When we went there in December it was my first time being in the Philippines. I can't wait to try other dive sites there.

chinacat46
09-30-2007, 08:22
The Philippines is one place I haven't been that I really want to go to. I've heard such great things about it and I love the diving in Indonesia which sounds very similar. I'd like to go to 2 or 3 different spots when I go.

cyclone
09-30-2007, 09:42

She's actually from Manila. When we went there in December it was my first time being in the Philippines. I can't wait to try other dive sites there.
Kewl, same here I am also from Manila. Encountered the traffic and the smog?:smiley36: But as long as you're 30 miles away from the City everything will be green and blue.

Kidder
09-30-2007, 10:38

Kewl, same here I am also from Manila. Encountered the traffic and the smog?:smiley36: But as long as you're 30 miles away from the City everything will be green and blue.

Yup encountered both the traffic and smog. You guys have some crazy/good drivers over there. They know exactly how big their vehicle is. Where in Manila did you live? You are very right about it turning green once you are out side the city. Went to Pagsanjan falls and it was very nice. I want to dive Palwan next, that place seems awesome. I also want to dive the sites around Sebu. She has family that lives there.

Kidder
09-30-2007, 11:16
Hey there my wife reminded me that we had visited a pretty cool LDS in Manila, its called Pacifica Dive center. It in the Filinvest area. thier web site is www.pacificadive.com (http://www.pacificadive.com) Phone: 6195010

They organize dive trips that looked pretty cool.

cyclone
09-30-2007, 14:21
To be exact in Blumentritt actually Quezon City Side. If your wife knows Dapitan or Laon Laan we are walking distance to those well known places. It's kewl you sent me that link for the Dive Organizers, going to put it down on my list. I know Filinvest, have some family member live there. So, when you guys planning to visit Philippines again?

cyclone
09-30-2007, 14:23
By the way, Is your wife a nurse? Just curious, cause most Filipinos who came here is because of their proffesion. My wife is a nurse, came here like 5 years ago.

Kidder
09-30-2007, 15:17
Ah so your from the north side of town. My wife actually came here because of me. She and I met while doing graduate school work in Australia. She says that Pacifica organizes trips all of the time, she get e-mails from them regularly.

cyclone
10-01-2007, 22:49
That's kewl, I'll check their site freq. I guess thats one of the thousands Dive Organizer in the Philippines.:smiley20: And if you enjoy and chose them I'll probably check what they can offer to me when we get there. I miss the old place especially now that me and my wife were into it. I just can't imagine the big difference doing diving in the Philippines and here. The quality and the view under water are Awesome.

Bill22
10-02-2007, 18:25
I'll be making my second trip to the Philippines in three weeks. I went to Puerto Galera the first time in May of this year. I'm going to Malapascua this time for the first part of my trip.

Still haven't decided on the second half. Either Subic Bay for the wrecks or I will go the other direction from Manila and dive Batangas area and maybe a few more days in Puerto Galera :-)

I'm be making at least one maybe two more trips next year. My time in Japan will be up in January 2009. Have to wait and see where I will go next. If I get orders to Guam or stay in Japan for another tour, I'm sure I will be making more trips to the Philippines :-)

cyclone
10-07-2007, 06:11
Kewl, nice to hear that Bill. Are you serving the in the Military? Yep, just like what I said it's always good to know you people who's looking forward to go to the Philippines. It's a slap on the face realizing I should have done this before. I should have Dive more when I used to live there. Hmmm...:smiley13:

Bill22
10-07-2007, 22:17
Kewl, nice to hear that Bill. Are you serving the in the Military? Yep, just like what I said it's always good to know you people who's looking forward to go to the Philippines. It's a slap on the face realizing I should have done this before. I should have Dive more when I used to live there. Hmmm...:smiley13:

Yes, I'm in the US Navy, stationed in Yokosuka, Japan.

I wouldn't beat myself up to much if I were you... I just started diving again after taking a looonng break... I missed some really good diving opportunities during that break... how's this for a list: Antigua, Spain, Egypt, Red Sea, Crete, and Thailand. A few areas that I visited while I was taking my break but DIDN'T dive :-)) I gotta laugh so I don't cry ;-) I'm just trying to make up for lost time now :-D

Scubakraut
10-08-2007, 11:55
when are you planning this group trip? I would be interested. Have not been to the Philippines yet. Although I dove in Thailand, Malaysia and Bali. I loved it there.

cyclone
10-08-2007, 18:50
when are you planning this group trip? I would be interested. Have not been to the Philippines yet. Although I dove in Thailand, Malaysia and Bali. I loved it there.Kewl, we have an applicant. Next year of 2008 would be good. Let's see if more people will come. The bigger the group the better. Just like I said this is a good deal for everyone and which I can only offer.

Bill22
10-09-2007, 05:07
when are you planning this group trip? I would be interested. Have not been to the Philippines yet. Although I dove in Thailand, Malaysia and Bali. I loved it there.Kewl, we have an applicant. Next year of 2008 would be good. Let's see if more people will come. The bigger the group the better. Just like I said this is a good deal for everyone and which I can only offer.

I'm already planning another trip to the Philippines for next year... let me know when and where and I'll see if I can adjust ;-)

cyclone
10-11-2007, 06:00

I'm already planning another trip to the Philippines for next year... let me know when and where and I'll see if I can adjust ;-)
Next year, sometime in March or April. I know it's a good month to dive. Plus it will give us a lot of time for the preparation, budget and work. Plus if in case more people to come. I've been doing my homework regarding the best place to go right now. I know some have very nice dive like years ago then you might not find it like that as of today. Been trying to contact some of my family and friends for their good advice for the places and of course where we can really save a lot but still best place to go. I can't wait and I miss everything there especially the food and night life.

Bill22
10-11-2007, 06:21
Next year, sometime in March or April. I know it's a good month to dive. Plus it will give us a lot of time for the preparation, budget and work. Plus if in case more people to come. I've been doing my homework regarding the best place to go right now. I know some have very nice dive like years ago then you might not find it like that as of today. Been trying to contact some of my family and friends for their good advice for the places and of course where we can really save a lot but still best place to go. I can't wait and I miss everything there especially the food and night life.

Great!... I was already planning somewhere around March. Want to dive Tubbataha Reef on a liveaboard. Was thinking Coron and Apo also. I'm pretty open to ideas right now.

I'm tentatively planning about three weeks for my next trip. I may do Thailand/Burma before or after. All kind of up in the air right now. I'll talk and think until it's time to decide ;-) I'm leaving in 11 days and still haven't decided where I'm spending my second week in the Philippines :-)) I may not decide where I'm going until after I'm there :-))