PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to go diving with

Rascal1933
07-15-2007, 14:22
Question: Who would you like to go diving with and Why?

It can be someone famous,celebrity,inspiration,or just someone you know.....

My choice would be Jessica Alba!
Why? Ms. Alba is a Certified Diver and the scenery would be a bonus.

How about you?

Cichlid
07-15-2007, 14:48
I'd like to go diving with Barry Bonds so I could take him to the bottom and cut his air lines. Or on a positive note, I'd like to go with any of you! Ahhhh.
:GroupHug:

FishFood
07-15-2007, 15:00
I'd like to go diving with Barry Bonds so I could take him to the bottom and cut his air lines. Or on a positive note, I'd like to go with any of you! Ahhhh.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>What do you have against Barry? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>If murder is the spirit, ive got a whole list http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>

Cichlid
07-15-2007, 15:17
Besides being a cheat and a jerk, nothing.

Rascal1933
07-15-2007, 16:40
<DIV>Hey thereReefHound!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>If only Jessica Alba had John Chatterton's divingknowledge...</DIV>
<DIV>That would be the best of both worlds smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>

cyclical
07-15-2007, 18:15
Jessica Alba and my wife smileys/smiley35.gif

frankc420
07-15-2007, 18:37
A safe dive buddy :)

fire diver
07-15-2007, 21:41
I want to go diving with Catherine (from SB) in her own territory. She's got some awesome photog skills, and knows her local wrecks.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>FD</DIV>

jacewindu
07-16-2007, 09:09
my bro. hands down.
we have that kind of connection where if we made up hand signals, somehow we would know what the other is talking about.

TommyB
07-16-2007, 09:45
Greg, Karen, Allen, Patrick..

Especially that nut Greg. Saw him hovering head down , looked fun. I was not brave enough to try it yet :)

(that's the only "divers" that I know at the moment)..

Lucky(AR)
07-16-2007, 19:40
jessica simpson just to see her sexy a#$ in a zeagle of course..lol

techgnostic
07-16-2007, 19:57
I prefer to dive in the company of more experienced folks so I can learn. A little osmosis goes a long way.

Rascal1933
07-17-2007, 17:21
What about Tiger Woods (or) Greg Norman bothof them aredivers?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I would say golf has been very good to them.</DIV>
<DIV>Gee...I wonder if they could use a few new dive buddies? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Tiger Woods has a new Trideck Yacht called " Hull 026’s"</DIV>
<DIV>Rumored to cost around $20 million, this boat is 157 feet long and contains a mini-dive boat.</DIV>
<DIV>Located all the way aft on the top deck to starboard on Tigers boat,there aresix large helium tanks—a clue to just some of theequipment he has aboard. *Helium, when combined with oxygen and nitrogen, creates what is known in the scuba world as trimix—a breathable blend that lets you dive deeper than traditional tanks full of compressed air. Helium cannot be manufactured, hence the six tanks of it on Hull 026’s top deck. They are positioned to be lowered by crane to the lazarette, then used to fill divers’ tanks at a “gas blend” table there. The entire setup cost at least $150,000, according to the project engineer. </DIV>
<DIV>Tigers boat comes with a inflatable decompression chamber aboard, an important safety measure for divers who push deeper than the 120-foot recreational limit.</DIV>
<DIV>Now check this out!&gt;TigerWoods boat hasa 18-knot top speed with a 4,000-NM range.</DIV>
<DIV>
Greg Norman, 'The Shark' </DIV>
<DIV>Life must be tough for 'The Shark.' his dive boat is named 'Aussie Rules', which he helped design. At 69.5 metres (228 feet) in length, it's the world's largest aluminum and composite private yacht. He had it built for only $70 million dollars. The company meant to build it for him 'at cost' in return for the excellent advertising of having him as an
owner, but they actually lost money on it. When he first cruised into Sydney Harbor, onlookers remarked, 'It's massive!
Nearly three times the size of the ferries in the Harbor!'

In addition to being opulent, it is also built for Jacques Cousteau type fun and exploration. There is onboard diving equipment for 30 people including a decompression chamber and two huge compressors. Dives of all types can be accomplished by operating the Nitrox Mixing Panel onboard, enabling each guest's air tank to be customized with a mixture of gases.

To get the people out to those choice dive spots, or maybe just for having a bit of a splash, the following additional 'small' boats are kept onboard:

42-Foot Custom Built 'Game Fisher'
Can be launched and retrieved from the deck. Perfect for a 4-person overnight fishing expedition. Has a gourmet galley for cooking up the catch while it's still fresh.

30-Foot SeeVee for a quick afternoon fishing trip.

22-Foot Novurania Equator with a meager 800 horsepower so you can get to the best diving sites ahead of everyone else. It has beach landing capability as well.

(2) 18-Foot Hewes Bonerfishers for those special occasions when Greg and a close friend may wish to maneuver over the sand flats in Key West, Florida.

13-Foot Narwhal Rescue Boat in case someone falls off one of those other boats.

And finally, just for the hell of it, (4) Yamaha Waverunners!!!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
</DIV>

mwhities
07-17-2007, 21:26
A safe dive buddy :)

Are you saying I'm unsafe? :(

Michael

ScubaToys Larry
07-17-2007, 21:35
What about Tiger Woods (or) Greg Norman bothof them aredivers?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
Greg Norman, 'The Shark' </DIV>
<DIV>Life must be tough for 'The Shark.' his dive boat is named 'Aussie Rules', which he helped design....
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Nice little dive boat... here's the pictures: http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin24.htm</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>We're modeling the ScubaToys Yacht after this one... but obviously.. not so tiny. http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>

techgnostic
07-17-2007, 22:09
<DIV>Nice little dive boat... here's the pictures: http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin24.htm</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>We're modeling the ScubaToys Yacht after this one... but obviously.. not so tiny. http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I used to live in NYC and workout at Chelsea Piers...where the big shots park their yachts. Steve Forbes had the prime spot...his boat kept it's 2 speed boats, 2 motorcycles, and 1 full sized bell helo parked on deck 24/7. All he ever did was have parties on board...black tie affairs. To top it off, his grand bar (positioned astern) wasn't grand enough, so he had a giant italian marble bar commissioned. Which when completed, was so heavy the boat has a permanent list to stern of 10 degrees...but is looked pretty so he kept it.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>When you get to buildingthe bar of ST1, put it amidships.</DIV>

mwhities
07-18-2007, 07:54
I'd like to dive with the North East divers. A few that stands out (on SB if you are not familiar with them) are Lynne (TSandM), Bob (Grateful Diver). Plus any of the other divers in that area and of course, I can't forget about the SoCal divers. I hope to get good enough to and be able to afford a trip out there for a week or two and do nothing but dive. :)

Michael

TxHockeyGuy
07-18-2007, 16:12
Would definitely have to go with Jessica Alba on that one. Diving with some of the diving greats would certainly be awesome but if I got enough money together I could probably swing a dive with them that way. No way I could put together enough money to get Jessica to dive with me.

RECDiver
07-18-2007, 22:16
Catherine Zeta-Jones.

thesmoothdome
07-20-2007, 01:24
Can't believe no one has said Jacques Cousteau. While notJacques, I did get to dive with Peter Hughes a few weeks ago. Pretty cool to chat with someone so experienced in the business.

Scubling
07-20-2007, 14:05
I would like to go diving with Ben Rothensburger of the Pitsburg Stealers and maby playfootball underwater...... I hope i dont get overexerted http://scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif

tc_rain
07-20-2007, 17:03
Question: Who would you like to go diving with and Why?
<DIV></DIV>It can be someone famous,celebrity,inspiration,or just someone you know.....
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>My choice would be Jessica Alba!</DIV>
<DIV>Why ?Ms. Alba is a Certified Diver and the scenery would be a bonus.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>How about you?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Can't argue there.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>President Palmer from the show 24 (can't think of his real name at the moment) is also a diver.</DIV>

tc_rain
07-20-2007, 17:04
Jessica Alba and my wife smileys/smiley35.gif
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>That sounds dangerous http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif</DIV>

bullshark
07-20-2007, 20:36
who would I like to go diving with?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>well my dive buddy from my OW class and I don't just mean suba diving eitherhttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gifhttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley9.gifand Ill just leave it at that</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>maybe jessia biel or anyone I an find to go diving with</DIV>

Krakenn
08-03-2007, 06:52
Samantha Carter from Stargate :ALD:

Kraks

torrey
08-03-2007, 07:07
Jim Church or Mike Veitch to work on my photography.

ScottZeagle
08-03-2007, 07:53
For recreational diving...Jessica Alba.

:D

For spearfishing...Tiger Woods.

For pure entertainment value...Scuba Toys Larry.

;)

loudgonzo
08-03-2007, 07:56
I'd like to go diving along with Tom Hanks, I've heard he is an avid diver and seems like a good guy to hang out with.

dallasdivergirl
08-03-2007, 13:42
Peter Benchley.

He wrote some really great and fantastic books about the ocean and it's creatures (Jaws, Beast, The Girl of the Sea of Cortez).

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 13:44
My dad.

thor
08-03-2007, 13:48
Definitely Aquaman. (Except I don't know where he keeps his Octo.)

Black-Gorrilla
08-03-2007, 14:01
you gotta use his primary (his lips)
enjoy it!

thor
08-03-2007, 14:06
you gotta use his primary (his lips)
enjoy it!

Boy am I glad you said lips. For a minute there I thought we were going to have an FCC violation

Disneymom
08-03-2007, 14:31
my dad.

marineboy
08-05-2007, 18:34
I would go diving with my bro. He is so cool and he is my best friend ever.

Venio
08-05-2007, 18:50
With my girlfriend! If I'm able to get her interested in diving. I need some special help with that.:smiley29:

bullshark
08-05-2007, 19:15
right now I'll go with anyone who is certified because I have noone to go with

Buoyant1
08-05-2007, 19:17
Ok..call me a weirdo, but I'd love to do a dive with Ritchie Kohler and John Chatterton...I got to meet them at Beneath the Sea and they are the nicest guys I've met that were "psuedo-celebrities"

Other than that I hear Rush's guitar player dives...he'd be fun also!

paintballindivr
08-05-2007, 19:25
my dad he is fun and he is the reason im am able to dive

ScubaCrash
08-05-2007, 23:09
Crissy, Natalie Gulbis and Kelly Hu :D

the gooch
08-05-2007, 23:29
My nephew.

3rdEye
08-06-2007, 17:27
i heard Bill Gates flies into Coz on his jet, then helicopters to his boat for diving.....i'd hang with him....i'm sure he'd be livin it up.

Phestr
08-08-2007, 03:09
In this order, from least likely to most:
Jessica Alba (duh)
My wife (deathly afraid of drowning)
My dad (the reason I dive)

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 07:32
John and Ritchie.

Splitlip
08-08-2007, 11:37
jessica simpson just to see her sexy a#$ in a zeagle of course..lol
Homer Simpson.

Splitlip
08-08-2007, 11:41
I'd have thought your preference would be Prince Namor (Sub-Mariner for those unfamiliar with the works of Stan Lee). He could kick Aquaman's butt!
And Captain America can kick Batman's butt for that matter! Oh I digress...

3rdEye
08-08-2007, 11:45
I'd have thought your preference would be Prince Namor (Sub-Mariner for those unfamiliar with the works of Stan Lee). He could kick Aquaman's butt!

Captain America is dead, isn't he?

kevinj1
08-08-2007, 11:48
IM going with Jessica Alba & Jessica Biel---you can never have enough Jessica...lol

Splitlip
08-08-2007, 12:05

Captain America is dead, isn't he?

Never in our hearts!

Besides, he was dead once before.

94GTStang
08-08-2007, 12:18
My fiance and Jessica Alba at the same time :D

Tom Hanks would probably be pretty cool to dive with being that he's certified.

DUnder
08-08-2007, 12:34
my wife, so i would have a full time buddy. unfortnately she is not a water person:icon_sad:

94GTStang
08-08-2007, 12:44
my wife, so i would have a full time buddy. unfortnately she is not a water person:icon_sad:

Try pushing her in? :smiley36:

Nah... don't do that.

quarrydiver
08-15-2007, 21:12
new divers, seeing everything for the first time.

rktman26
08-15-2007, 21:34
My wife, but it will never happen.
She has a "mucus and saliva" phobia.

tx.lakerat
08-16-2007, 07:22
I think ST's Joe and Larry would be a total blast to watch the 2 of them interact under water

otherwise my baby sista!

JCAT
08-16-2007, 08:06
Ok..call me a weirdo, but I'd love to do a dive with Ritchie Kohler and John Chatterton...I got to meet them at Beneath the Sea and they are the nicest guys I've met that were "psuedo-celebrities"

Other than that I hear Rush's guitar player dives...he'd be fun also!

Count me as weirdo too then, because I agree!! Ritchie and John would be my pick.

quarrydiver
09-09-2007, 22:17
Would definitely have to go with Jessica Alba on that one. Diving with some of the diving greats would certainly be awesome but if I got enough money together I could probably swing a dive with them that way. No way I could put together enough money to get Jessica to dive with me.

Giving the "I'll follow you signal" of course. But really, I love to dive with my wife, it's nice to have someone you can share stories with.

finflippers
09-09-2007, 22:24
I would love to be able to take my wife "Scuba Widow" diving but she is afraid of the water.

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
09-09-2007, 23:24
Jacques Cousteau - Lloyd Bridges - Jerry Garcia - Larry & Joe - My duaghter when she gets her cert - my grandson in about 12 years (due in Oct :smiley1:) and everyone else that has been mentioned so far! That should cover just about everyone huh?

Capt Hook
09-10-2007, 07:59
Anyone willing to pay.

cgvmer
09-10-2007, 08:29
I would love to take my wife diving, so she could then stop nagging me why I don't do things with her, as she would now be certified.

Charlotte Smith
09-10-2007, 08:39
My husband and anyone else who is certified because my husband is ALWAYS looking out for me and we love the good company of other divers who always have something to talk about...but if it has to be a celebrity...maybe Matthew McConahey......

yankeefan21
09-10-2007, 09:25
Jessica Biel.

greyzen
09-10-2007, 09:27
The list is longer than I could ever post...

but I really wish my wife was more interested in diving :/

divingmedic
09-10-2007, 10:21
Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs, he is just way to funny. But then again that dark haired lady from JAG

WV Diver
09-10-2007, 10:55
My husband and anyone else who is certified because my husband is ALWAYS looking out for me and we love the good company of other divers who always have something to talk about...but if it has to be a celebrity...maybe Matthew McConahey......Wish you guys weren't so far away, my wife and I need diving friends too..............I mean we like good compnay also. :smiley20:

yankeefan21
09-10-2007, 12:04
Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs, he is just way to funny. But then again that dark haired lady from JAG
Catherine Bell. Excellent choice. :smiley20: