PDA

View Full Version : Demon & Liquid Skin X-Vision Masks

padi1029
09-30-2007, 15:44
Hi, has anyone ever tried (or own) the Mares Demon or Mares Liquid Skin X-Vision masks? If so, how do you like them, or what did you dislike about the mask(s) ?

I have a larger face and the only mask I have found that fits well (and does not fog) is the OMS IC-U mask (black skirt). I have purchased several other masks by many different manufacturerers and I always go back to my OMS. I like the OMS and would gladly get another but my only wish would be larger lenses...if you are not familiar with the OMS mask it has 2 rather small lenese which restrict vision. So, I am looking to try something with larger lenses for better viewing angles.

Thanks for your input

llv21
09-30-2007, 20:13
I have the demon and just love it, good range of vision. Two of my dive buddies have the liquid skin and they just love theirs as well. So far, no complaints.

Bring the Payne
10-01-2007, 20:58
I haven't tried the demon but the liquid skin is sooo comfy. I think Im going to buy one this weekend as a back up mask but I just think it might become primary.

dludwig
10-02-2007, 22:08
I love the theory behind the liquid skin. Gonna have to pick one up this weekend :smiley36:

YellowfinKunkfish
10-03-2007, 07:46
I LOVE my liquidskin.

Rhonda

BSea
10-03-2007, 08:15
I haven't tried the demon but the liquid skin is sooo comfy. I think Im going to buy one this weekend as a back up mask but I just think it might become primary.

Just out of curiosity, what is your primary mask now? I think I've read a few times that you are looking at this mask as your back-up. So your primary must really be a great mask. The reason I ask, is that I'm also looking for a new mask.

Bring the Payne
10-14-2007, 12:09
Sorry for the late reply. My "primary" mask is an Omer Alien. It is extremely low volume making it a breeze to clear and has the black skirts which I really like. The Mares which is a lot more comfortable has significantly larger lenses so if Im out sightseeing underwater it probably takes the advantage.

RoadRacer1978
10-14-2007, 12:17
Haven't used either but I do have the Cressi Sub Big eyes.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Image/Product/Full/csbmb.jpg

After a couple good cleanings it hasn't fogged and it hasn't had a problem leaking for me. I also like the "Big Eyes" as it has a good field of view, but does look a little funny.

DevilDiver
10-14-2007, 13:07
I have used the X Vision line (1 clear skirt & 1 black skitrt) for 3 years and believe they are great masks.
I have tried the Demon and the Liquid Skin as well and prefer the Liquid Skin. Very comfortable mask.....
Also there is the Pure Vusion from Mares that i prefer over the 2 above. Worth looking at for $59 from ST!!

Bring the Payne
10-16-2007, 01:31
Haven't used either but I do have the Cressi Sub Big eyes.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Image/Product/Full/csbmb.jpg

After a couple good cleanings it hasn't fogged and it hasn't had a problem leaking for me. I also like the "Big Eyes" as it has a good field of view, but does look a little funny.

Wow, that looks just like an X-Vision. Nice mask.

mulefeathers
10-16-2007, 08:07
I use the Demon mask. Started with the X-Vision then moved to the Demon. Have not tried the Liquid Skin but as far as the Demon goes you can't go wrong.

NitroWill
10-16-2007, 08:13
I have an x-vision and it is an pretty good mask..Im wearing it in the avatar..
The comfort is very good, however mine has developed a small crack in it and this is the second time it has happened...think i am going to give another mask a shot after this one!

cheebaweebie
10-19-2007, 13:50
Bought the liquiskin and hated it. Leaked like a sive no matter what I did. Replaced it with a Tusa and love it.

MikeJ7
12-08-2007, 16:58
Considered getting the Liquid Skin but have read too many negative reviews of it. Not really sure what to get since I've been using my dads spare 15 year old US Divers Pacifica. Haven't used a mask without a purge yet.