PDA

View Full Version : Key Largo

Bring the Payne
09-30-2007, 16:03
I think my plans might be changing from Acapulco on the 17th to Key Largo. Unfortunately my dive buddy is going to be in CO. Is anyone planning on doing any diving there this month around the 17th-20th?

Bring the Payne
09-30-2007, 16:16
And by this month I actually mean October :)

FyVe
09-30-2007, 19:48
if i didn't get into a car accident yesterday i def. would join you. my brother (BLACK-GORRILLA... i think its like that...) might wanna join you tho.

Bring the Payne
09-30-2007, 21:11
Awesome, I am going to try and decide for sure within the next few days. Some friends invited me to north carolina, where I would like to dive, but unfortunately they are not divers! Sorry to hear about your wreck! Are you alright?

JugglingMonkeys
09-30-2007, 21:35
Two of us are in Key Largo Oct. 24-29.
Are you still around there then?

Black-Gorrilla
09-30-2007, 21:44
sign me up. i can almost guarantee my joining in on this. just let me know. im partial to amoray dive resort. love the boat and the staff there.

JugglingMonkeys
09-30-2007, 21:45
we're going with Silent World.
they seemed to get good reviews with everyone and their prices are great.

and we're staying at Ocean Pointe. Got a real deal by booking online.

finflippers
09-30-2007, 21:47
if i didn't get into a car accident yesterday i def. would join you. my brother (BLACK-GORRILLA... i think its like that...) might wanna join you tho.

I hope you are ok.

Kidder
09-30-2007, 21:47
Man that would be sooo cool to go diving there. Please let us know how it is. Pictures would be awesome.

Bring the Payne
09-30-2007, 23:28
Awesome, Im happy to see I might not have to dive alone! My plans are to be there either Oct. 17 or 18 (wednesday/thursday) until sunday the 21st. One question though. If I am heading to key largo is it going to be a pain to get there if I fly to miami as it is significantly cheaper.

asxinu
10-01-2007, 00:06
Just rent a car. The drive is fairly straight forward.

Bring the Payne
10-01-2007, 00:35
Just rent a car. The drive is fairly straight forward.

That could be a possibility but I thought you couldnt rent a car unless you were 25? I know, Im just a young pup (23).

JugglingMonkeys
10-01-2007, 07:11
You just pay a little extra per day for under 25.
Check with car rental company first.

CrzyJay456
10-01-2007, 10:04
once you get out of the airport you just take sign #4 (i think its purple) and it will take you 826 west, which will lead to turnpike south... and should be about an hour or so to key largo (dont take cardsound road)

ccarter
10-01-2007, 10:06
You just pay a little extra per day for under 25.
Check with car rental company first.
Yeah and I believe you can't get full coverage or whatever for accidents on the rental.. at least Andy's in the Caymans is like that.. I think Hertz is in America too.

Bring the Payne
10-01-2007, 14:21
I will just have to do some checking. If renting a car is my only option I suppose I could do it I just hate the hassle of renting a car and don't really want to spend my weekend worrying about something happening to it.

Bring the Payne
10-01-2007, 15:40
Ok, I really think I have convinced myself to buy a plane ticket in the next few days. I would for sure be there the 18th-21st. Who wants to dive or knows for sure they will be around? I need a buddy! If anyone is heading from MIA to Key Largo and wouldn't mind hauling me that would be great, if not I will probably end up taking a bus or maybe renting a car.

Brickhead
10-03-2007, 10:41
I rented a car from Ft Lauderdale just north of Miami and drove to Key Largo it was no pain at all and pretty too

SYOTABUCS
10-04-2007, 14:17
once you get out of the airport you just take sign #4 (i think its purple) and it will take you 826 west, which will lead to turnpike south... and should be about an hour or so to key largo (dont take cardsound road)

Cardsound Road will still get you there. Just a bit further (but usually less traffic) and a dollar toll. But you can eat at Alabama Jacks.

hychang
10-09-2007, 20:52
I do envy you're going to Key Largo, it's awesome. I went there with family and friends during the kids' Spring Break earlier this year. We flew into Miami. The drive to Key Largo isn't bad as it's about an hour from the Miami airport.

However, we waited for over an hour as Hertz couldn't find a minivan I had reserved months earlier and I was a President's Club Gold Member! They overbooked and the Spring Break rush was more than the Hertz staff could handle as Hertz just didn't have enough of the vehicles that were "reserved" on hand. Hopefully, you'll do better. Best of luck and enjoy it!!

P.S. The car rental fiasco at the airport was the only glitch in our trip to Key Largo.

Scubastud16
10-09-2007, 20:55
Enjoy Key Largo (above and below the surface). It's a great place to hang out, and especially to dive!