PDA

View Full Version : anybody know what boat i should go on?

jlittlejohn321
09-30-2007, 18:53
Im looking for a dive boat this weekend in the jupiter/westpalm beach area anybody go any good boats they know of? Ive been on the Jupiter Dive Center boats and Narocosis but im trying to try new boats

CrzyJay456
09-30-2007, 19:44
i would suggest sticking to operations that you like. the more you get to know the crew, and the more you can trust them, the better in my opinion. but if you are ever down in key largo, i suggest amy slaters amoray

scuba Widow
09-30-2007, 19:48
Check with your LDS...they should know which charters are best you could also check with your instructor to see what they recommend.

CrzyJay456
09-30-2007, 20:23
Check with your LDS...they should know which charters are best you could also check with your instructor to see what they recommend.

also be careful with that, because some dive shops might get special treatment from the boat, and send people there and the people get second rate service, without the dive shop knowing the difference. i lucked out with my dive shop, while they dont have the best prices, they are very nice and honest people.

scuba Widow
09-30-2007, 20:30

also be careful with that, because some dive shops might get special treatment from the boat, and send people there and the people get second rate service, without the dive shop knowing the difference. i lucked out with my dive shop, while they dont have the best prices, they are very nice and honest people.

When I start diving I want to be able to have the confidence in my LDS not to steer me in the wrong direction, regardless of the stake in the business end of the deal, because they should have my best interest at hand and if not I should not use them as my LDS. All in all being a junior diver, the instructor should have some good input in the subject.

Capt Hook
09-30-2007, 22:39
Try Diving Solutions in WPB.

scuba-taylor
10-03-2007, 17:44

That sounds about right.

Capt Hook
10-03-2007, 19:10
I notice newer divers tend to put a lot more faith in their LDS than more experienced divers. I think you will find that most LDS, like most businesses, tend to put their self interests ahead of the divers. IMHO

Black-Gorrilla
10-03-2007, 22:34
you are definitively better off asking locals than LDS

mm2002
10-20-2007, 19:18
I notice newer divers tend to put a lot more faith in their LDS than more experienced divers. I think you will find that most LDS, like most businesses, tend to put their self interests ahead of the divers. IMHO

Very true, and also true with most businesses....unfortunately.

aaronle06
05-11-2008, 02:04
im not familiar with the area, but how far is largo from jupiter?

Splitlip
05-11-2008, 07:02
about 2 1/2 hours.

huvrr
05-12-2008, 11:32
Starfish Enterprise out of Pompano/Boynton Beach very laid back, nice boat and crew close to inlet, wrecks reefs etc. I dove last month with them and would go back in a heartbeat. they have a website. if you want I'll find the link.