PDA

View Full Version : BCD Parts and Support Outside of the U.S.

Scuba Steve
10-01-2007, 02:56
Hello,

I'm a newbie diver from CA and I'm very interested in purchasing a Zeagle Brigade. The only worry I have about making this investment is that the LDS where I took the course for my certification says that they have witnessed many times during which parts and support for Zeagle products are unavailable outside of the U.S. My LDS is pretty set on selling SeaQuest and ScubaPro BCs and Regs, so I'm wondering whether or not they are being truthful.

Can anyone provide any info regarding whether you have had positive or negative experiences with Zeagle products when in need of repairs, support or parts while traveling outside of the U.S.? Please feel free to provide stories. Hopefully this is not a duplicate thread. Thanks in advance, I appreciate everyone's input! :smiley20:

ScubaToys Larry
10-01-2007, 03:59
Well, first off there is some representation outside the US. For example, there is a fully stocked international distributor in Australia. And actually from hitting their dealer locater button on the Zeagle.com web page I got this list of countries:

Argentina - Australia - Canada - Cyprus - CzechRepublic - Denmark - Egypt - England - Germany - Greece - Hong Kong - Indonesia - Israel - Italy - Japan - Jordan - Kuwait - Latvia - Malaysia - New Zealand - Norway - Philipines - Poland - Portugal - Qatar - Russia - Saudi Arabia - Singapore - Slovac Republic - SouthAfrica - Spain - Switzerland - Taiwan - Turkey - Ukraine - Vietnam

The other note I'd make is that when it comes to a BC... there is not much in the way of special parts anyway. It's some straps and a bag of air, a few overpressure release valves and an inflator hose and inflator end. And most all those things - the only thing do is clean out the sand if they don't work right... not much can really go wrong - except maybe the inflator end. If that causes a problem, you cut off a tie wrap, toss on another and away you go. And you can put a scubapro, a Tusa, a Dive rite, etc on instead...

So something like regs might be a bit more of a concern - and that's easily fixed just by buying an extra rebuild kit and carrying it with you - but for a BC, I don't even bother do that!

PlatypusMan
10-01-2007, 07:01
The other note I'd make is that when it comes to a BC... there is not much in the way of special parts anyway. It's some straps and a bag of air, a few overpressure release valves and an inflator hose and inflator end. And most all those things - the only thing do is clean out the sand if they don't work right...

Strange...if I substitute the word 'ex-wife' for 'BC' this sentence still makes sense this early in the morning....

scubafreak
10-01-2007, 07:16
The other note I'd make is that when it comes to a BC... there is not much in the way of special parts anyway. It's some straps and a bag of air, a few overpressure release valves and an inflator hose and inflator end. And most all those things - the only thing do is clean out the sand if they don't work right...

Strange...if I substitute the word 'ex-wife' for 'BC' this sentence still makes sense this early in the morning....

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39:

Zenagirl
10-01-2007, 07:47
I've had some of the same concerns about my Zeagles and now that my husband has Zeagle regs too have decided to have the guys at ST throw an extra rebuild kit in my box when I send our regs for service next spring. Seems like a simple bit of insurance and this way I know if there's ever an emergency the technician will have the necessary parts right at his fingertips. ;)

ScottZeagle
10-01-2007, 10:14
Hello,

I'm a newbie diver from CA and I'm very interested in purchasing a Zeagle Brigade. The only worry I have about making this investment is that the LDS where I took the course for my certification says that they have witnessed many times during which parts and support for Zeagle products are unavailable outside of the U.S. My LDS is pretty set on selling SeaQuest and ScubaPro BCs and Regs, so I'm wondering whether or not they are being truthful.

I have only a couple of questions...

Does the shop that is trying to sell you Seaquest and ScubaPro actually sell Zeagle BCs??

If the answer is no, I think I have figured out their reasoning....

If the answer is yes, I have a follow up question:

Do they have the actual size and model that you need in stock??

If the answer is yes, then maybe they really believe what they are telling you.

If the answer is no, I think I have figured out their reasoning....

;)

Scuba Steve
10-01-2007, 23:17
As a matter of fact...my LDS does not sell Zeagle products, but I believe I have enough info to finalize my decision. Now I just need to figure out which regs, wetsuit, etc. I will be purchasing...maybe a package??? :smiley_thinking:

Thank you all for your input! :smiley4:

kev99
10-04-2007, 10:37
Just my $.02; alluding to what Scott mentioned, the LDS is steering you towards the brands they are distributors for i.e., it is a business and it is about selling. I bought my Brigade from SC and I love it! Always question people's motives and statements so you can discern what is truth and what is hype.

As an aside my wife bought a seaquest BC from our LDS (I tried to talk her in to a Zeagle) and she is very pleased with it. I had contemplated on buying a seaquest or the brigade, and after reviewing hers and looking at mine, I can see some design and structural aspects that make me glad I bought a Zeagle. Things like stitching, placement of poackets and straps, D-rings, material, tank straps, etc... I would highly reccomend doing a package from Larry at SC, I bought a package with the brigade, flathead regulator and aries ai and love all three of them.