PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials

CaribbeanDiver
10-01-2007, 11:14
I have a Uwatec SmartCom and recently purchased a Aeris Elite T3. Both came with instruction manuals and both have a ton of features that will make my dives easier to plan and potentially safer.
However, I wonder why the manufacturers do not include a tutorial that would "run" the user through the functions. Ideally, it would be a disk that could be loaded into your computer but it doesnt have to be.
The instruction manual could have a chapter Titled Tutorial that could do the same thing.
I remember when I got my SmartCom I read the manual, read it again and then went out diving. I didnt understand half of what I was supposed to know and only after using the computer some did I begin to understand the instruction manual when I re-read it.
Now, I find myself reading the instruction manual for the Elite T3 and find that it may be necessary to use it before I can fully understand the manual.
I realize this could be a problem exclusively for me because of my inability to comprehend the manuals or it could be a common problem. But, what I do realize is that if I had a tutorial of sorts that could run me through the functions, I would understand it faster, more thoroughly and feel a whole lot better making those first few dives with a new computer.
Oh, and the reason I got the Aeris after having and using the SmartCom is because my son got certified and I gave the SmartCom to him since I could explain its functions. I was thinking of getting another SmartCom for me but came across this great deal on the Aeris so I jumped on it.

JugglingMonkeys
10-01-2007, 17:30
I also have the Elite T3 and found the manual largely incomprehensible.

:smiley11:

if someone knows of some kind of tutorial please fess up and let us know...

torrey
10-02-2007, 08:10
You might try the Oceanic/Aeris forum...this thread (http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=1931) is a greeting from the Aeris rep. Judging from his post count, he probably only browses his company's forum.

cummings66
10-02-2007, 11:08
There's a lot to learn on the dive computers, but to be honest I thought the manual to be fine for it. It gives you the necessary information in a concise manner, one that I'm happy with.

If there was a change to be made I'd say they should add a nice complete index. The problem comes in during the dive and you think I know it can do this and I'm supposed to hold the M button and this button, now which one is the M button.