PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Octo Z

yeroks
07-15-2007, 17:16
Has anybody tried out the new Zeagle Octo Z?

creggur
07-15-2007, 20:01
I'm getting one next week, so I'll let you know how it goes. I would also like to hear of any personal experience that anyone has...

DougNR
07-16-2007, 07:05
Yep. Got mine from the ST guys and I'm very happy with it so far...
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Installation is a snap, no issue there. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I have had it out on two dive trips so far. I like the placement of the buttons. They are easy to identify and actuate. I wore a set of reef gloves on one of the trips with no problem, but I have not worn heavy / cold water gloves at this point - though I don't believe it would be a problem.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The Octo-Z breathes just fine. It cracks harder than my Envoy Deluxe, but that's to be expected. On my first experiment with breathing from it, I felt the length of the corrugated hose seemed a bit short. IE it tugged a bit. I moved the velcro patch up a notch on the sholder of the harness. Problem solved.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I like the threaded attachment that allows me to remove the unit and flush the BC with a garden hose. The Octo-Z stays attached to my reg and stores in the bag rather than hanging on the BC. I think it will take much less in-transit abuse that way.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I don't think you can go wrong with this unit. A recent magazine review shows it well rated against the competition with regard to ease of breathing at depth. The Atomic came out on top, the Octo-Z and Sherwood Geminii had similar scores (to each other not the Atomic), with the rest down scale from there. No dogs in the bunch, but notable differences for sure.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Hope this helps!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

creggur
07-16-2007, 15:35
<div></div>
<div> A recent magazine review shows it well rated against the competition with regard to ease of breathing at depth. The Atomic came out on top, the Octo-Z and Sherwood Geminii had similar scores (to each other not the Atomic), with the rest down scale from there. No dogs in the bunch, but notable differences for sure.</div>
<div></div>
<div>Hope this helps!</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>

Thanks for the info... which magazine did you find the review in, I have googled and googled for an Octo-Z review and couldn't find anything..

ScottZeagle
07-17-2007, 09:19
It is in the new Scuba Diving magazine that came out last week!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

DougNR
07-17-2007, 11:11
Scott:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Just wanted to say thanks for another fine product at a good price point.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I had asked on SB about how to plug the threaded end of the corrugated hose when the reg is off. FYI for now a plain old cork seems to work just fine.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks again!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Doug</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Rascal1933
07-21-2007, 17:58
It's a Zeagle product Right?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Enough said!</DIV>
<DIV>Zeagle has a history of awesome dive gear. http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>And YES~I dive Zeagle.</DIV>

dutch552
07-22-2007, 12:25
I haven't breathed on underwater but I have played around with one. I really like the form factor of the inflator in my hand. Th buttons are right where you would think they should be. I also think that with the garden hose attachment the life of the BC's that these things are attached to will increase as rinsing the bladder is super easy. No excuses for not maintaining one's BC bladder with one of these.

Judestudio
07-22-2007, 16:48
I like the threaded attachment that allows me to remove the unit and flush the BC with a garden hose. The Octo-Z stays attached to my reg and stores in the bag rather than hanging on the BC. I think it will take much less in-transit abuse that way.
I thought that was pretty ingenious.

DougNR
07-23-2007, 07:19
I like the threaded attachment that allows me to remove the unit and flush the BC with a garden hose. The Octo-Z stays attached to my reg and stores in the bag rather than hanging on the BC. I think it will take much less in-transit abuse that way.
I thought that was pretty ingenious.

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Yup! No more sloshing around a bag full of water! I've been putting it at the bottom of a large plastic storage bin and put other items loosely around it. As water 'pops' out of the pressure release valves it circulates around the other items. Just keep the flow rate low, and don't thread the hose into the collar too tightly.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>