PDA

View Full Version : AOW & Rescue training

dutchman
10-01-2007, 16:03
So I am going to return to my home State of Florida shortly. Have not been to the Sun Shine State in several years. :smiley19: So while there, I want to continue my dive adventure and certifications. Who and where should I go to get certified in FL. I am originally from Miami Beach. Thought about one of the springs but like the big blue ocean. Suggestions? :smiley20:
Thanks

RonFrank
10-01-2007, 16:18
So I am going to return to my home State of Florida shortly. Have not been to the Sun Shine State in several years. :smiley19: So while there, I want to continue my dive adventure and certifications. Who and where should I go to get certified in FL. I am originally from Miami Beach. Thought about one of the springs but like the big blue ocean. Suggestions? :smiley20:
Thanks

You did not really say where you want to get certification?

I will always recommend Brent Hillard out of Blue Water Divers (Key Largo).
BLUE WATER DIVERS (http://www.bluewaterdiver.net/)

He's a great guy, and a great diver. I've dove with him on several occasions, but have not used his training services. However I know of several who have, and they speak highly of his skills as an instructor, which comes as no surprise.

You may want to tell us WHERE, and what agency. If you want instruction in other area's, I know of several I can recommend.

dutchman
10-01-2007, 16:54
I am trying to stay with PADI. As to where in FL, I am not limited to any location. I have dive experiences from Miami Beach to Key West since 1964.

Dive-aholic
10-02-2007, 18:57
Are you moving back to Florida, or just staying for an extended trip?

If you're interested in hanging around the panhandle area, let me know. My wife and I offer combined courses. Almost all of our courses are divided up between the springs and the gulf. That way our students get to experience both environments.

datamunk
10-05-2007, 22:48
man but with the gulf ya gotta go so far out ... well, normally.. i bet i know where you do the deep dive for AOW :)

therse a lot of great diving in west palm/jupiter (deeper) so keep that in mind.

Dive-aholic
10-06-2007, 21:18
Not all of the gulf means far for deep. You can hit in the 80' range off the St. Andrews jetties. And that's a shore dive.

eyezz
10-07-2007, 09:57
Thanks

Hey Duchman I would like to Give you my Instructors info she has been a dive instructor for number of years and has certified a great number of MD's that I know of , She has worked for 2 top dive shops in Florida and has lived and worked in the caribbean for a number of years,

It took me a long time to find her she is great with young divers also she just has a lot of patience

She is located in Fort lauderdale

Hope this helps Isaac:smiley20:
Juliet Glazier
(772) 321-2357
www.addicted2scubadiving.com (http://www.addicted2scubadiving.com/)

cgvmer
01-12-2008, 21:33
Dutchman have you finished with AOW/Rescue yet?

dutchman
01-12-2008, 21:43
Dutchman have you finished with AOW/Rescue yet?

No,just been traveling and getting more dives in whenever possible. I did buy a semi dry suit for cold weather diving. New Pinnacle Extreme. Went to Chicago for Christmas but hard to ice dive when temps are 45 degrees. I will complete AOW & Rescue later this year. Once that is done, I will have everything I need for Master Scuba Diver cert. :smiley20: