PDA

View Full Version : RS 130 service

Scubakraut
10-02-2007, 08:36
How often should I service my RS 130? It is now one year old with about 50 dives. Thanks.

Capt Hook
10-02-2007, 09:26
Need to get it service every year to keep the warranty in effect. Other than that, it's up to you, we have ours done every 18 to 24 months.

ScubaToys Larry
10-02-2007, 09:37
If you got it from us... we do free parts no matter what the service interval is. If you got it somewhere else - it requires the once a year to maintain the free parts program.

Scubakraut
10-02-2007, 13:05
If you got it from us... we do free parts no matter what the service interval is. If you got it somewhere else - it requires the once a year to maintain the free parts program.

I bought it from you guys at ST. Should I send it in for service?

ScubaToys Larry
10-02-2007, 13:26
If you want... and we're doing a special for board members where normally the 10% does not apply toward service - but from now until christmas, we are doing 10% off the service - so you're at $45 to do a full service on all 3 stages and the pressure gauge/computer plus about 5-8 bucks shipping to us (we'll pick up the return shipping).

Fall is a good time, as then you know you'll be set for the next season and not try to get a quick turn around when everyone else is trying to get their regs serviced.

Scubakraut
10-02-2007, 13:44
If you want... and we're doing a special for board members where normally the 10% does not apply toward service - but from now until christmas, we are doing 10% off the service - so you're at $45 to do a full service on all 3 stages and the pressure gauge/computer plus about 5-8 bucks shipping to us (we'll pick up the return shipping).

Fall is a good time, as then you know you'll be set for the next season and not try to get a quick turn around when everyone else is trying to get their regs serviced.

And I can use my $10 coupon? So $35 total plus my shipping cost? I can discuss further on the phone since it would not be placing an online order?
Let me know what I need to add in the package when shipping my Reg like name and address? Thanks.

Scubakraut
10-02-2007, 13:46
Or I just wait for my 50th post and use my $50 gift card? Will that work? :smiley20:

ScubaToys Larry
10-02-2007, 13:48

And I can use my $10 coupon? So $35 total plus my shipping cost? I can discuss further on the phone since it would not be placing an online order?
Let me know what I need to add in the package when shipping my Reg like name and address? Thanks.

Sure... and as far as what to add when shipping... Just let us know if you want the Oceanic Data Mask transmitter swapped out for your gauge hose! :smiley36:

We'll get you set - no problem using the $10!

We actually have a form that makes our life easier: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/regs/regrepairform2.pdf

CrzyJay456
10-02-2007, 21:18
Or I just wait for my 50th post and use my $50 gift card? Will that work? :smiley20:

250th post...

Scubakraut
10-03-2007, 12:33
ooops forgot that it was 250 not 50. Would have been too nice though....:smiley36:

kancho
01-03-2008, 09:25
I too bought a TUSA reg but don't have the receipt. So do you keep the order on file and how long do you keep it for?

CaptainRon
01-03-2008, 19:34

Is that just the RS-130, or any reg purchased from you?

skippy11
01-03-2008, 21:40
I too bought a TUSA reg but don't have the receipt. So do you keep the order on file and how long do you keep it for?

I am not sure how long they keep previous purchases on file, but I have called several times or had them look up something on a previous purchase of mine or one of my DB and they have always been able to find the purchase reciept. I just had to give them my name and address I use on my account info.

kancho
01-08-2008, 07:18

I am not sure how long they keep previous purchases on file, but I have called several times or had them look up something on a previous purchase of mine or one of my DB and they have always been able to find the purchase reciept. I just had to give them my name and address I use on my account info.

Thanks.. It is hard to keep old receipts. I have a habit of throwing it away.

Scubakraut
01-10-2008, 11:40
I collect all my receipts, once a year I bundle them up in a bag. Just in case. I think they date back to 5 years or so. After 5 years I shred them all.