PDA

View Full Version : Excellent instructor

ggibbs
10-02-2007, 12:11
I want to commend my instructor, Nick, for his terrific job during my Openwater class this summer. I left feeling confident and was well prepared for my subsequent trip to the Bahamas.

This is my second time to take a beginning SCUBA class. I earned "Basic" certification in 1976. After a long break from the sport, I recertified to get back up to speed.

The information learned in Nick's two weekend class, surpassed my learning during my original "basic" class. That class ran for 5 night plus the checkout weekend.

In addition to being well prepared, I had a great time in class. Nick's laid back approach eliminated any stress and allowed the entire group to enjoy the learning.

Nick also was very generous in sharing information beyond the class. I got great information on selecting equipment, Nitrox, and details of future certification options.

I highly recommend Nick as an instructor and have allready encouraged others to request his classes.

Gary

bubble-head
10-02-2007, 12:13
Having the right instructor can make or break you as far as being comfortable diving. I'm glad you had a great experience.
Happy Diving,
Patrick

PrichDave
10-03-2007, 11:10
Nick is a great instructor and really interested in the success of his students.
David

TxScubaBear
10-03-2007, 18:35
Congrats on your new cert by the way! Instructors, I am convinced, make all the world of difference in the learning experience. Those that enjoy teaching others weigh in far above those just doing it....I've been thru PADI and NAUI and it isn't the agency- it's the quality of instructor.

Liv7301
10-14-2007, 19:12
Nick is a fantastic instructor and I am proud to be counted amongst his students. My husband and I have taken OW, and AOW with him, and he ended up helping out with the Rescue class I just finished today. I respect and value his knowledge and skills. Thanks Nick!

RoadRacer1978
10-14-2007, 19:17
I'm sure he will appreciate the warm thanks he gets. I'm guessing he is an insructor at Scuba Toys since nobody mentioned that and those of you who were students of his don't have a specific location listed.