PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Vision After Dive

Boris42
10-02-2007, 12:34
I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this before. When I surfaced after my 4th checkout dive and removed my mask it looked like a fog had set in on the quarry. I could tell that it hadn't because it was a clear day and I could see the shadows along the quarry walls etc. It's the only time this has happen. I have 11 dives now. We probably only averaged 30' for 40 minutes. And the foggy vision cleared after 10 min. or so, but it was disconcerting at best. Anyone have a clue?

Dave

scubasavvy
10-02-2007, 14:47
Hey Dave,

Do you have contacts or anything of that nature? I get foggy sometimes too after my dives. Nothing enough to bother me, but I've got contacts.

Flatliner
10-02-2007, 15:06
If you don't have contacts, I think I would discuss it with an opthamologist.

greyzen
10-02-2007, 15:31
yeah seriously.

Foggy could be from lack of moisture or oxygen, either one would be something rather telling of an issue if you ask me.

If you are wearing contacts, you should ok, but if not.. I would have an appointment pretty quick.

BuzzGA
10-02-2007, 15:42
DAN's got a couple of articles on vision problems after dives. Here's the link to one that deals with blurred vision. http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.asp?faqid=84
If you don't wear contacts I hope its as simple as a bad reaction to mask de-fogger as the article suggests but I'd still go see a Dr.

Boris42
10-02-2007, 17:04
Nope, don't were contacts and I had a complete eye check recently. That was completely normal as well. Guess maybe it's a good idea to go back and have another check up. Thanks

Flatliner
10-02-2007, 17:07
Excellent link to the DAN article. In spite of my previous advice, I would at least read it first if I was you.

pnevai
10-02-2007, 17:42
I've had it happen a few times but each time it was after I had my mask off underwater. Not blurry vision but rather like you said, like it got a little foggy. Clrorinated pools do it to me as well. In my case I am pretty sure that it is irratation from the water.

Did you have your mask off or have it flood?

Boris42
10-02-2007, 18:13
I did read the DAN article. I was using 500Psi antifog stuff. And yes, I did have my mask off a good bit, it was my check out dive. I also had to clear it a number of times. The water was quite murky as well. Maybe that's all it was. I've been down 7 times since then with no problems at all.

kingfish
10-05-2007, 23:35
I was getting foggy vision when i was swimming without goggles at the local pool.
Think it was the chlorine that was effecting me but it may have just been an irritation to the water.
Its fine now thow that i now use goggles.

Jas.

datamunk
10-06-2007, 13:16
do you have high blood pressure?

Boris42
10-13-2007, 08:27
do you have high blood pressure?

Not that I'm aware of. Last Doc checkup was just over a year ago. A OK then.:smiley20: