PDA

View Full Version : Sealife dc500

jlittlejohn321
10-02-2007, 19:23
Hey im looking at getting the DC500 package with the wide angle lense two strobes and im wondering if anybody can tell me if this is a good camera or give me some other ones to look at

DevilDiver
10-02-2007, 20:02
For the close-out price ST has it for right now it a great camera set-up.
If you want do do a point and shoot it has alot of advantages.

Advantages:
1.Compact system all in one.
2.Easy to use and learn
3.Low maintinence (Clean but no grease on O Rings)
4.Lightwheight for travel
5.Use on land or U/W
6.Can take very good pictures for Portrait and Wide Angle and Macro
(Not Super Macro) with a little practice. (This is not a DSLR)
7.Price is good.........Depending on budget of course........

Disadvantages:
1.Does not shoot RAW
2.Newer models more advanced
3.Strobes slower recharge than some (approx 20-30 sec)

Check out this photo I took using this model....

http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=354&catid=popimages&orderby=views

Questions feel free to PM me anytime...........:smiley20:

PrichDave
10-05-2007, 10:21
I have both the DC500 and the DC600. Skip the DC500 and just buy the DC600. It's a much better camera with a lot less problems than the DC500 is prone to have with its flash synch to external strobes. Buy a pair of external strobes (eliminates shadow effect of single strobe) and definately the wide angle lens to cut down the water column between the camera and the subject (the closer you are, the more vivid the picture).

Charles R
10-05-2007, 10:39
I have both the DC500 and the DC600. Skip the DC500 and just buy the DC600. It's a much better camera with a lot less problems than the DC500 is prone to have with its flash synch to external strobes. Buy a pair of external strobes (eliminates shadow effect of single strobe) and definately the wide angle lens to cut down the water column between the camera and the subject (the closer you are, the more vivid the picture).
I was looking @ the DC500 as well is there really that many problems with it?

DevilDiver
10-05-2007, 11:29
I have had bothcameras as well. I totaly agree the DC600 is a better camera...
As for the DC500 I never had any issues with the sync and it always preformed well for me for what it is. If you have the cash I would go with the DC600 Pro package. If you need to stay with in a budget or you don't want to dump alot of cash because you are new to U/W photography or just wanting to have some memories on film the DC500 is a great deal at that price......