PDA

View Full Version : Scubatoy accept paypal?

paulj13
10-03-2007, 23:57
I’m curious does anyone know if Scubatoy accept paypal? As international order increase it maybe a cost effective way of processing.

ScubaToys Larry
10-04-2007, 06:12
Paypal is not cost effective at all... with their percentages, they are much higher than taking credit cards. So depending on where the product is going, we normally can just use credit cards, although in some countries, we require bank wire transfer. But no, paypal is not something that we accept.

creggur
10-04-2007, 06:45
Yeah, we tried the paypal thing a couple of years ago, they just eat you alive with fee's...Not the best system if you already have a merchant account in place....

datamunk
10-06-2007, 11:23
yep, paypal suckssssss!

reservecops
10-06-2007, 12:55
Paypal is not cost effective at all... with their percentages, they are much higher than taking credit cards. So depending on where the product is going, we normally can just use credit cards, although in some countries, we require bank wire transfer. But no, paypal is not something that we accept.Actually, there is a way around the cost for potential buyers who want to use their PayPal balance to buy stuff from you without ST (or any other merchant) having to pay the crazy PayPal fees:

Buyers can get a (free) PayPal Mastercard debit card that is connected to their PayPal account (not to be confused with a PayPal credit card, which is a different card).

If someone has a PayPal balance they want to use, they just use their PayPal Mastercard debit card just like a credit card, but the funds come directly from the PayPal account. There is no cost to the merchant (other than the standard Mastercard transaction fee that they would incur if accepting a regular Mastercard credit card), and there is no cost to the buyer (it's a free service from PayPal).

DiverBry
10-06-2007, 15:00
Paypal is not cost effective at all... with their percentages, they are much higher than taking credit cards. So depending on where the product is going, we normally can just use credit cards, although in some countries, we require bank wire transfer. But no, paypal is not something that we accept.Actually, there is a way around the cost for potential buyers who want to use their PayPal balance to buy stuff from you without ST (or any other merchant) having to pay the crazy PayPal fees:

Buyers can get a (free) PayPal Mastercard debit card that is connected to their PayPal account (not to be confused with a PayPal credit card, which is a different card).

If someone has a PayPal balance they want to use, they just use their PayPal Mastercard debit card just like a credit card, but the funds come directly from the PayPal account. There is no cost to the merchant (other than the standard Mastercard transaction fee that they would incur if accepting a regular Mastercard credit card), and there is no cost to the buyer (it's a free service from PayPal).

Yep, this is a good system.

I actually used my PayPal MasterCard at ScubaToys recently to pay for my annual regulator maintenance.

Paypal rocks ;)