PDA

View Full Version : Watch Strap Extender

georoc01
10-04-2007, 13:42
I am finding that when I dive in my dry suit, I need to extend the band on my watch. I have an extender for my computer, but not for my compass watch.

Does anyone know where I could pick up an extender like the one for my Atom 2.0?

RonFrank
10-04-2007, 13:51
I am finding that when I dive in my dry suit, I need to extend the band on my watch. I have an extender for my computer, but not for my compass watch.

Does anyone know where I could pick up an extender like the one for my Atom 2.0?

I'm not sure where to get another extender, but if your Atom extender works on your compass, I'd contact Larry or Joe, and ask if they can order one.

IMO a better option would be to remove the band, and drill four holes into the compass mount base, and use two bungee straps. They are depth compensating, and you can set the length so that they will fit snugly for both 3mm fullsuits, and drysuits.

I have my buddy's compass that is setup this way, and I'll bring it this weekend if we end up diving together so you can check out his setup. It works very well.

cgvmer
10-04-2007, 13:53
I needed a longer band because most watch bands don't fit around my wrist I found a simple black velcro band made by EK USA http://www.ekusa.com