PDA

View Full Version : # posts different

dawnskies
10-04-2007, 13:55
why does it say under my pic (on each post) that I have 18 posts when I actually have 26 if you look at my previous posts on my profile?

Dive-aholic
10-04-2007, 14:06
I'm not positive, but I've noticed that posts in the Introductions forum don't add to your post count. If you've made 8 posts to welcome new members, then there's your answer.

WV Diver
10-04-2007, 14:12
http://forum.scubatoys.com/showpost.php?p=16832&postcount=1

Several forums don't add to your post counts. This is all do to the gift certificates that Larry and Joe are so graciously giving to new members for 10 and 250 posts.

They would like the content of all posts to be of substance and related mostly to scuba topics.

In the beginning some tried to pad their posts by posting many trivial posts just to get their numbers up. This act has resulted in these actions.

If at some time in the future, the GCs are no longer available, then at that time, the decision may be made to allow all posts to add to your post count.

In the mean time please feel free to make good, solid posts and your post counts will take care of themselves.

dawnskies
10-04-2007, 14:15
Ok, thanks for the explanation, so I don't feel so confused. I appreciate you getting back to me on this.