PDA

View Full Version : Helpppppppppp

cozlover
10-04-2007, 18:43
Ok, here goes my first post as a member of this forum.

I just recently purchased a sea and sea housing for the Nikon N90. Question I would like recommendations on two good lens to use, one say for wide angle and one that would be a pretty good overall lens to shoot macro but also for general shooting.

question two what ports would you recommend and question three strobes I was leaning towards the sea and sea ys 90.

I'm currently using a sea and sea motor marine.

jwdizney
10-04-2007, 18:45
well, i can't help you with the camera stuff, but i'm sure somebody will.. BUT....WELCOME TO THE BOARD!:smiley20:

DivingsInMyBlood
10-04-2007, 18:47
Im another who cant help you but hello and welcome.

BobArnold8265
10-04-2007, 21:55
Does your housing allow you to use a zoom lens ??? If so a nice 28 to 90 mm should cover the vast majority of the shots you'll be taking. Most modern zooms will also shoot macro. The other good thing is that a 28 to 90 zoom is pretty light and compact.

If your housing doesn't handle a zoom, then a 24 or 28mm wide angle is a must and for macro take a look at a lens in the 85 to 105 mm range.

As for a strobe, I use and highly recommend a Ikelite DS-125. It's pretty powerful and recycles in 1 second. That's nice to have if you want to catch more than one shot at any fast moving critters.

dbh
10-06-2007, 18:02
The Nikkor 60mm should be your first lens. It is tack sharp, and AF's very fast. You can shoot anything from nudibranch's up to 2/3 of a reef shark. For WA, I would reccommend the Sigma 15mm FE. Both lens can be had for about $350 each. I would find a reputable Sea & Sea dealer (such as Reef Photo) to inquire about ports. YS 90's will do the trick as well as The YS-110's or any in the Inon line.

Dave