PDA

View Full Version : The best diving? Aruba or Grand Cayman

angelofglenn
10-05-2007, 11:48
My husband and I have the oportunity to go diving at either Aruba or Grand Cayman in June of next year and would like to know which would offer the better diving.....Aruba or Grand Cayman. We would appreciate any and all suggestions and comments. Thanks alot and safe diving

Lore

Damselfish
10-05-2007, 12:01
Cayman.

ianr33
10-05-2007, 13:01
Cayman.

I have been to Aruba once. Cayman maybe seven or 8 times.

BobArnold8265
10-05-2007, 13:01
We went diving in Aruba this past January. Although it was nice, I think you'll enjoy diving in the Caymans more. The only problem is that the Caymans tend to cost a little more.

jpep
10-05-2007, 13:19
The overall diving in Grand Cayman is better than Aruba as the visibility in GC, depending on weather/water conditions/site and season may exceed 100'. However, Aruba has more wrecks, and I'd recommend the Jane C on the South coast and the Antilla just off Palm beach.

The reefs and walls on the North, West & South sides of GC are fantastic. While I've heard great things about the East side diving and Ocean's Frontiers, I have not dived with them. While GC is more expensive than Aruba, you can have a great dive vacation on GC without breaking the bank by watching your dining and drinking expenses.

For North, South & West side diving on GC I'd recommend Neptune's Divers, who provide great personalized service with a maximum of 8 divers on either of their 2 boats. I've dived with Keith & Casey of Neptune's in 10/05, 7/06 & 3/07, and they are not just excellent divers, but great people.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Carlitoboy
10-05-2007, 15:00
The overall diving in Grand Cayman is better than Aruba as the visibility in GC, depending on weather/water conditions...

I just checked out your photos... Beautiful! It doesn't look like you can go wrong in Cayman...

thor
10-05-2007, 16:18
The overall diving in Grand Cayman is better than Aruba as the visibility in GC, depending on weather/water conditions...

I just checked out your photos... Beautiful! It doesn't look like you can go wrong in Cayman...

Is somone picking up a scorpion fish in those photos?

eenglish
10-05-2007, 20:04
cayman for sure.

divnlifr
10-06-2007, 20:58
I've been to Aruba almost 20 times...family has timeshare there. I like the diving there, but Bonaire is much better! If I had to guess I would think Cayman would be better as well, from what I've heard...Cayman is great! The diving on Aruba is somewhat limited, so if you are just going to dive, it probably wouldn't be the best pick, but there are a lot of other things to do on the island besides diving. I certainly wouldn't want to talk you out of it because I have been on some wonderful dives in Aruba (we use Red Sail Sports) and I absolutely love the island, but I'm not sure if it compares to Cayman. There are several nice wrecks, but there is limited amounts of reef and they do some drift diving because there can be some current. I don't think you would be disappointed with a trip to Aruba, but I'm just not sure that it would be better diving than Cayman. If you go on the Red Sail website, I think you can pull up the dive spots and do a little research and maybe compare it to what you find on Cayman.
Good Luck!!!

Rudiger
10-06-2007, 21:04
Never been to Cayman, but i have been the Aruba twice. The coral is dead there, but they have some neat wreck dives.

Nearby Bonaire and Curacao has better diving.