PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Dive clubs?

RoadRacer1978
10-05-2007, 13:23
Hi all just wondering if anyone knew of any dive clubs located in Oklahoma city. I know there are some in Tulsa and one in Enid, but haven't seen any in OKC. May not be that big of a deal, since the Texas Swampers dive the areas closest to me and seem to be a great bunch of people, online at least...:smilie39:. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to go diving with any of them yet, but plan to in the future.

So my fellow Okies, Where are the Clubs at?

RoadRacer1978
10-05-2007, 13:25
For anyone in the enid area...
http://enidscubaclub.com/

is their website.

hoop
10-16-2007, 15:31
The only one I know of remotely close to the city is the Enid club..... That board has been dead for months. I would love to join a club here in the city.

fire diver
10-16-2007, 16:22
Thanks for posting the link to the Enid club.

Hoop, are you refering to the message forum? Yeah, most of our members aren't very forum minded people, so that didn't go over real well.

The club is going great though! We dive all over OK, and into MO and AR, with occasional jaunts down into Tejas land. It's free to join. We post all our outings, so you can come meet us at the dives. But I think that local diving is over for the season. Most don't like cold water.

I'm suprised OKscuba in Norman doesn't have anything.

FD

RoadRacer1978
10-16-2007, 16:27
Haven't talked to them at OKScuba in norman about it, but nothing listed on their website about it.

Soonerwink
10-16-2007, 20:10
Why not start your own? We started one in Tulsa a little over a year ago and now we have 30+ members. You can even have your own web page through meetup. com http://www.meetup.com/ . The cost is only 45.00 every three months, and you get a message board, and can even post pictures and files there. We have had several divers in OKC area contact us about joining our group. It's just to far to travel though. We have had a few make some of our dives though. Here is a link to our web page. http://scuba.meetup.com/116/ Check it out. It's a great way to start a dive club.

hoop
10-17-2007, 08:55
Hoop, are you refering to the message forum?

Yeah, I was hoping that board would take off..... It would be great for networking... It seems that the club is pretty active, as I get the emails on the meetings. It's just a little further than I care to drive. Wish I could find something more local.

Starting a club wouldn't be a bad idea...... I'll have to kick the idea around some.....

RoadRacer1978
10-17-2007, 12:04
My work schedule isn't real condusive to starting a club, but I'd be interested in joing one. If you make it happen or need some help I'm willing, just let me know hoop. Being on call 24-7 and not having a work schedule makes it impossible to make any type of long term plans.

chace_nicole
10-17-2007, 15:17
Great idea on a local dive group, I would be interested in joining, especially since none of my friends dive. I'll check back on this thread every now & again, but please send the OK divers a PM if this gets rolling.
Chace