PDA

View Full Version : DUI Weight & Trim system

r2t
10-06-2007, 01:08
Pros and cons please...thanks

awb
10-06-2007, 19:29
Can't think of a con on the system. I have both that they offer and when I have to use alot of weight thats my choice. The weight dosen't grind in on your hips, and if you have a bad back such as I thats the way to go.

Scoobidoo
10-07-2007, 04:33
I'm also looking at this. Trying to convince myself with the price tag though. Not cheap!

r2t
10-07-2007, 15:10
looks like a good product just want to know if the straps of the bc would get in the way...

RECDiver
10-07-2007, 18:56
I love mine. I have the first generation and have used it for years. I would definitely recommend it.

awb
10-07-2007, 20:47
The straps don't get in the way at all. Can't beat the system. If your not sure about it, go to one of the DUI Dawg Days and try one out for yourself. If your in the DFW area DUI Dawg days will be in mid Nov. @ CSSP Terrell Tx. :smiley20:

Scoobidoo
10-07-2007, 21:08
What's the difference between the Trim Classic and Trim II systems? Thanks.

Iceman
10-08-2007, 11:38
I switched from integrated weights or a weight belt, depending on which rig I was using to the Classic harness. I went to that one because it has more adjustment flexibility than the other one.

It is a much better solution than either a weight belt or integrated weights. No more lower back stress. No more danger of the belt slipping over my butt. No more having to lift that overweighted BC. No more concern over something catching the buckle on the weight belt giving you an unexpected ride up.

The only negative I've found so far is that by the time you get the harness and your BP/W or Jacket on you do feel a bit overstuffed. But, that goes away as soon as you get in the water.

It does share the weight belt safety issue though. Once onboard the boat after a dive you need to remember to Promptly remove the weight. It would ruin a divers day to fall overboard with either and no flotation or fins.

WaScubaDude
10-13-2007, 03:01
Is it a two handed ditch system? I liked the looks of it, especailly because I have a bad back. But was wondering about how quick you could jetisson?

Iceman
10-13-2007, 12:34
The pockets are positively secured. Very little, or no, danger of an inadvertant jetison.

Never had to do it for real. But, when practicing I'm able to get the pockets out with very little effort.

CompuDude
10-13-2007, 15:18
Pros: I've heard they are very comfortable, and let you carry a lot of weight, which, if needed, is probably an easier way than the alternatives.

Cons: They're pretty expensive... and add bulk around your waist which can interfere with some setups.

r2t
10-14-2007, 15:53
The cost is the biggest con...I went with a standard belt and a harness. cost 20 bucks...I took the integrated weights off my bc it was getting to heavy for shore diving.