PDA

View Full Version : 47th Birthday = Apollo Bio fins

deepdiver47
10-06-2007, 15:05
It was my 47 birthday on 10/5 and I decided to indulge myself. I purchased a yellow pair of Apollo Bio fins with the SS straps. The yellow is really sharp!

I previously had a pair of Aqualung splits that had served me well, but these puppies are more like a Ferrari UW. I spent sometime in my neighborhood pool (had the pool to myself) and I came away very impressed. A very nice feel in the water, near perfect I might say.
They are alittle wider than my last splits so I find myself rubbing the inside of the two during finning, I am sure that I will adjust my stroke to limit this from happening.

The feel is snug and the SS straps really make the installing/removal process a breeze. I had originally thought that these SS straps would
dig into my heal but such was not the case. Question: The end of my boot sticks out roughly 1", is this normal?

Coupled with my ST discounts the price wasn't bad. Heading to Key Largo in November for OW trials, can't wait!

okidiver
10-07-2007, 04:32
First of all, Happy Birthday. Mine is coming up on the 17th.

I got a pair of Bios (with SS) as well and my heel also sticks out roughly 1" as well. So yes this is just the right fit. :smiley20:

deepdiver47
10-07-2007, 05:35
Thanks Okidiver, I thought as much. My concern was that the SS put additional pressure on it.

sudnit5
10-07-2007, 12:13
Let us know how you like them in OW, I am looking at a pair myself.

somewhereinla
10-07-2007, 12:52
It was my 47 birthday on 10/5 and I decided to indulge myself. I purchased a yellow pair of Apollo Bio fins with the SS straps. The yellow is really sharp!

First of all, happy birthday. You have made an excellent choice. I do own a pair of apollo fins, and my only regret is the color: black. One of the buddy I dive with has yellow fins (apollo as well) and even in low vis. I can always see him because of the fins. I think all fins should be yellow. : )

datamunk
10-07-2007, 15:48
the fins are GREAT! my only problem with mine is, my front of my foot stucks out, i think maybe too far. gotta look,ive had them for years and the problem is just now arising.

happy birthday!

deepdiver47
10-07-2007, 16:31
If you would have told me 8 months ago that I would be buying a yellow pair of fins I would have thought you were crazy. I was in Bali in July during a late afternoon dive and I lost my guide, but then I found him, the only thing I could see in the low viz was his yellow fins! It taught me something. If I can't see them, they can't see me

First of all, happy birthday. You have made an excellent choice. I do own a pair of apollo fins, and my only regret is the color: black. One of the buddy I dive with has yellow fins (apollo as well) and even in low vis. I can always see him because of the fins. I think all fins should be yellow. : )

okidiver
10-09-2007, 18:48
I've got a pair of Metallic Blue Bios and they are pretty good in the low vis. Just ordered a pair of white Bios and I'm interested on how they will do in all around enviroments. Should be fun.