PDA

View Full Version : liquid silicone?

turtle_guy
10-07-2007, 02:48
What is "liquid silicone" oceanic says my mask has it but the skirt feels pretty solid to me. Therefore i am confused any answer accepted.

diversteve
10-07-2007, 17:14
Might be just marketing. Ask the Oceanic rep: http://forum.scubatoys.com/member.php?u=878

datamunk
10-07-2007, 17:25
well, yes it is a solid but, im assuming its in terms of just being very very flexibile and soft, i would imagine... is it? "soft skirt" basically

mrbheagney
09-04-2008, 04:08
false advertising

Chewie07
09-06-2008, 18:12
If it is anything like mine (Mares X-Vision Liquid Skin), it's just a liquid molded skirt (as opposed to a solid piece of silicone shaved to form the skirt).

I really enjoy my "liquid" mask. Even if I let the goatee grow in, I get no leaks and it is extremely comfortable at any depth.

CompuDude
09-08-2008, 18:17
If it is anything like mine (Mares X-Vision Liquid Skin), it's just a liquid molded skirt (as opposed to a solid piece of silicone shaved to form the skirt).

I really enjoy my "liquid" mask. Even if I let the goatee grow in, I get no leaks and it is extremely comfortable at any depth.

All silicon skirts are liquid molded.

The "liquid silicon" skirts are just liquid molded from two different types of silicon, around the frame, you need stiffer silicon to hold the glass, but around the face, you want softer silicon for comfort. The trick they figured out is how to combine the two grades in one injection mold.

buddhasummer
09-08-2008, 20:12
bought a Mares Liquid Skin, absolutely hated it, leaked non stop, this could just be due to my apparently strange shaped face and not necessarily the mask, but Ive never owned a mask that leaked this much, consequently I will never buy another, I mean its not like a standard skirt is uncomfortable/hurts etc etc, if your current mask fits well and doesnt leak stick with it, if it aint broke etc etc...I have heard many people complain of the liquid skin being"too liquid" and also having leaking problems, that being said Im sure many people are also happy other wise they would stop making it, but the almost $120 I paid left a bad taste in my mouth, and a lot of salt in my eyes and water up my nose...The marketing people say it doesnt leave the mask ring on your face after a dive, but no mask should be cranked up so tight that it leaves the ring on your face anyway, the strap is just to hold the mask in place not create a seal...marketing? maybe...

Jipps
09-09-2008, 09:25
just means that it has a softer more flexible skirt.