PDA

View Full Version : BCD Suggestions? Need help deciding.

1/75Ranger
10-07-2007, 13:28
I am ready to buy a complete set of gear and I am trying to decide what to buy. I am willing to spend what is necessary to get the gear I need but I don't want to spend extra $ if I don't need to. I am looking at buying a Scout, Brigade or Stiletto for my BC. I will mainly be diving lakes here in the midwest 2-3 weekends per month and possibly 1-2 trips per year. I have decided on Zeagle, I would just like some input as to which BC might be best for me. I am also considering a Zeagle regulator. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DiverBry
10-07-2007, 13:45
I am ready to buy a complete set of gear and I am trying to decide what to buy. I am willing to spend what is necessary to get the gear I need but I don't want to spend extra $ if I don't need to. I am looking at buying a Scout, Brigade or Stiletto for my BC. I will mainly be diving lakes here in the midwest 2-3 weekends per month and possibly 1-2 trips per year. I have decided on Zeagle, I would just like some input as to which BC might be best for me. I am also considering a Zeagle regulator. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I own a Zeagle Brigade from ScubaToys. They are very well made. It is just like the Ranger, but has a smaller, lighter-duty wing from the Escape.

The Stiletto is also nice... I think it has fewer D-rings than the Brigade or Ranger.

1/75Ranger
10-07-2007, 14:01
Thanks DiverBry, the Brigade looks like a good choice and the price seems good also.

Flatliner
10-07-2007, 14:14
I have a Flathead VI with a zx 2nd and a zx octo. LOVE IT! I would highly recommend it. I purchaced mine from ST and have found their service to be supreme (even when I had a slight problem with the 2nd stage). I liked it so much, my buddy sold his high end Mares and bought one too.

Zenagirl
10-07-2007, 17:28
If you're considering putting a Zeagle package together (regs & BC), give ST a call and ask for a package price. I'll bet they'll put something together and give you a price that might make you fall down! :D If you wait a little longer you can even get a new 2008 Zeagle computer to go with everything.

Personally, I recommend Zeagle products highly....but that's a no-brainer since I dive with Zeagle Envoy regs and a Zeagle Zena BC. I've even gotten my husband out of his Aqualung/Seaquest combo into a Zeagle Flathead reg and Zeagle Ranger LTD! ;)

blue37
10-07-2007, 20:42
Zeagle computer?

Wrist? Console?

1/75Ranger
10-07-2007, 22:00
Zenagirl- how do you like the envoy? I am considering it, but I was not sure if I should stick with the envoy or step up to a DSV? I think the envoy would suit me just fine but an opinion from someone who has used it would be appreciated. Thanks

CARDIVER
10-07-2007, 23:59
I have both and they both breath about the same. The Envoy is a great workhorse reg that will last for years.

1/75Ranger
10-08-2007, 07:22
Thanks cardiver, that is what I want, something that works great and I don't have to worry about that will last.

Zenagirl
10-08-2007, 08:34
I have well over 100 dives on my Envoy and it breathes as well at 3 feet as it does at 133 feet.

Oh, and I don't know anything about the Zeagle computer except that it'll be unveiled at DEMA this year. Sorry. :( Maybe Scott could enlighten us.....

blue37
10-08-2007, 11:18
How about it Scott? You can give us the early scoop...

ScottZeagle
10-08-2007, 12:39
The first release of the new Zeagle computer will be wrist...and I am currently working on having a console made for it.

Here is a Scuba Toys forum exclusive...

The new computer will be called the N2ition.

;)

blue37
10-08-2007, 12:57
Love the name! Comparable to Gekko or Geo?

Mid-range, High end?

Flatliner
10-10-2007, 16:57
Come On Scott Give Us More!!!!

kingfish
10-11-2007, 05:38
Yeh....more!!
Please.

Jas.

ScottZeagle
10-11-2007, 11:12
There is not really a lot to tell...it is a 2 gas nitrox computer.

I am REALLY excited about the computer we are working on for DEMA 2008....

:)

diversteve
10-11-2007, 11:30
Nice thing about the Brigade is that if you ever dive doubles, it's built on the Ranger jacket so can accommodate them with the kit from Zeagle and a wing change. The Stiletto is a single tank BC.

Netsloth
10-11-2007, 13:08
I have experience with the Zeagle Ranger (I'd still be diving it if I hadn't made the move to the dark side.) It was a great BC. Lot of D Rings, comfortable, back-inflate, sturdy integrated weight-pockets.

I have a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe primary and Envoy backup regulator now. They are great.