PDA

View Full Version : Hips

scubasavvy
10-07-2007, 16:22
Hi kids,

I was just wondering if there is a real difference between a men's and women's wet suit as far as hips go? I used a men's farmer john for my checkout dives and it was nearly impossible to get on. I'm assuming women's wet suits have a little "give" to them in the hip area. Any thoughts?

YellowfinKunkfish
10-07-2007, 16:45
Well, after my experience trying on wetsuits yesterday. I'm going to say no. I must have tried on at least 6 7mm wetsuits yesterday, before finally trying on the Henderson Hyperstretch. Hyperstretch won, hands down. It was a good thing because I was about to call it a day, and just not dive at all until the water warmed up. The only thing I noticed that is bigger on a women's wetsuit was the boob area, the hip area didn't seem to be forgiving at all. And I've lost weight!!!

Rhonda

scubajane
10-07-2007, 19:29
i'm sure you lost weight just trying on wet suits. there is nothing pretty about getting into a wetsuit.

Zenagirl
10-08-2007, 08:15
That's the beauty of a Hyperstretch.....you don't have to be a contortionist to get one on!! When I compare my Hyperstretch to my husbands, the hip area is very slightly flared, but it's the chest area where the big difference is.

YellowfinKunkfish
10-08-2007, 09:04
Yeah, I have to say THANK YOU to the people at Henderson. The size I would normally wear in the hyperstretch was WAAAAAAY to big in the boob area, so I had to go down to a size 6. A size 6 in ANY other suit would have been impossible to get on!! So, YAAAAYYY for hyperstretch, I get to say my wetsuit is a size 6! :smiley32:

Rhonda

caroln
10-08-2007, 10:26
The Henderson Thermoprene isn't quite as stretchy as the hyperstretch (or as expensive), but it's still far more flexible then any other wetsuit I've tried, even in the hip area where I certainly need it.