PDA

View Full Version : New...........

texdiveguy
10-07-2007, 18:29
http://www.rebreatherexpress.com/

datamunk
10-07-2007, 18:42
awesome.. im tryin to read over all the info on the o2ptima... but too brain dead from studying.. im so enchanted by rebreathers.. if only they werent so expensive :( id totally get certified and buy one hah

paintsnow
10-07-2007, 20:14
i dont see a difference between rebreatherexpress and diveriteexpress
just a different home page
same stuff under the same categories rite?

danielh03
10-07-2007, 20:41
I hope the prices drop like lcd tv's!

ScaredSilly
10-08-2007, 18:39
My bet is that helium has a better shot at becoming more popoluar than rebreathers.

Scubastud16
10-08-2007, 19:09
Rebreathers are a misunderstood piece of equipment. I will dive an eCCR one day, with proper training. It's much more economical (in the long run) to get trimix training and an eCCR. Don't need 10 tanks, hundreds of regs, thousands of whatever (hyper-exaggeration for effect).

On an mCCR like the Sport KISS, you need your O2 bottle, your diluent bottle (air, nitrox, trimix, whatever), and the scrubber. Every dive is CHEAP.

texdiveguy
10-08-2007, 20:10
Rebreathers are a misunderstood piece of equipment. I will dive an eCCR one day, with proper training. It's much more economical (in the long run) to get trimix training and an eCCR. Don't need 10 tanks, hundreds of regs, thousands of whatever (hyper-exaggeration for effect).

On an mCCR like the Sport KISS, you need your O2 bottle, your diluent bottle (air, nitrox, trimix, whatever), and the scrubber. Every dive is CHEAP.

Some of what you state has merit.....but the cost of getting into a rebreather just even for recreational use is VERY expensive. You mention going on to CCR/mix use and +$$....not to mention the maintance requirements and set-up and tear down time a lot of divers just will not mess with. For certain types of diving it would be awesome....but I think for most divers OC will fill the bill for many more years to come. Of all the divers I know an dive with only a couple use rebreathers of one type or the other. But they are fun to study and check-out and as scuba divers we should all have a general knowledge of them. IMO

in_cavediver
10-08-2007, 21:18

This is a somewhat flawed arguement. Simply put, most dedicated rec divers don't need what a top model eCCR would give them. Even many tec divers would see limited benefit.

CCR's are complicated, expensive and more dangerous than OC. (more ways to kill you. See the KISS sticker that says 'this device will kill you without warning'). I know gas costs are lower but add in the sorb, sensors and amortized cost of the unit, its still damn expensive. Of course, if you own the unit, the subsequent dives are relatively cheap.

Now, for divers who dive a lot of trimix (or want to), want to push the depth and time limits and have the resources/mindset to safely use a CCR, they're great tools. I hope one day to graduate to one with my wife for cave diving. Were up to doubles and single stages with 02 bottles. We might do two stages but CCR's have real merit here.