PDA

View Full Version : Atmos 2 console battery replacement

citykid
10-07-2007, 18:36
Okay, we have the one w/ the computer in the console. The screws in the back that hold the little knife are shot/stripped. Is that the only way to get to the back of the computer? I can't seem to pry it out through the front.

ScubaToys Larry
10-07-2007, 18:45
Yes... it does not pry out. You must remove the back, and the compass module at the top - or the cap if you don't have the compass.

citykid
10-07-2007, 23:02
Well, I got it out but it was not easy. The heads of the screws were stripped. I had to use one of those craftsman tools that dig into stripped heads and eventually get it out. It was looking like I'd have to eat the whole thing and get an new computer, compass & gauge. Now all I need is the four replacement screws for the console. But I need then in 2-3 days before my flight. Yeah, no pressure as long as the one local Aries dealer has those screws.

mitsuguy
10-08-2007, 01:16
wow, glad I didn't get the console version... my wrist mounted one is no harder than turning the special key that came with it....

note to self: replace battery before next dive :)

texarkandy
10-08-2007, 06:45
I like having the console with the knife & compass on top - however, I am considering moving the Atmos 2 to a wrist strap & replacing with an analog depth guage in the console - anybody done this or have any idea what depth guage will fit in the Aeris console?

sudnit5
10-08-2007, 07:49
I have the Atmos console and I like it very much. My knife fits in there and works well.

citykid
10-08-2007, 09:51
I had the console but gave that to my significant other while I switched to the wrist mounted one. Console is great but little bulky for me, hanging low or strapped across my chest. I am going for a very streamlined style. Besides, it's better for her seeing how see doesn't always remember to look at her air. :SHOCKED: So now whenever she looks at her computer, or compass, she will see how she is doing on air. And the knife being back there is great also.

Just everyone make sure you don't strip those heads.:smiley29: