PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount knife on Brigade BC?

nunofs
10-07-2007, 23:13
I just got (as part of a larger package) a Brigade BC and an Aeris Silver Jack knife (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=AerisSilverJack), but am having trouble finding a suitable place to mount the knife on the BC...

For now I've threaded the waist strap through the back of the sheath but that doesn't feel like an ideal spot... any suggestions?

datamunk
10-07-2007, 23:19
a popular place for jacket style bcds with knives, is to actually connect it to ur lowpressure inflator, with some zip ties or ucan tie it on. keeps it in a good easy place to reach to when you need it. maybe if you can grommet it on to your bc if there are spots? but, easiest might be just ziptie to ur big rubber hose goin to bc

Chad
10-08-2007, 14:39
I have the oceanic version of that knife and I keep in on the waist belt near the middle.

TxHockeyGuy
10-08-2007, 15:19
I zip tied mine onto my right BCD shoulder strap. It keeps it nice and streamlined, easily accessible, but still out of the way.

reservecops
10-08-2007, 15:35
Same here (zip-tied to BCD shoulder strap), with the handle pointing down. I can reach it with either hand.

nunofs
10-08-2007, 21:17
I have the oceanic version of that knife and I keep in on the waist belt near the middle.

That's where I have it for now, but somehow it didn't feel "right"...

Same here (zip-tied to BCD shoulder strap), with the handle pointing down. I can reach it with either hand.

I tried to mount it to the right should strap but there doesn't seem to be enough room for it to fit properly without covering one of the d-rings. I'll give it another try.

ScottZeagle
10-09-2007, 09:30
I mount my knife on the corrugated hose with zip ties.

russp
10-09-2007, 12:35
I've seen a number of recommendations for mounting a knife on the corrugated inflater hose. Has anybody done this with an octo/inflator? I was wondering if it gets in the way if you need to use the inflater as a regulator.

rfreddo
10-09-2007, 15:49
I would think that mounting on the corrogated hose would not be problematic from the standpoint of using the octo/inflator if it's mounted high enough, but it would definitely add weight to an already heavy hose. I'm still searching for a good solution to keeping the hose with Octo-Z up close to the body. If I find one, I might move my knife to the hose.

Scubastud16
10-09-2007, 20:35
I like keeping my BC knife on a hose-attachment to my LP inflator hose.

Rfreddo...check out the "covers" that go over the octo mouthpiece and have a split ring on the back. You could yank it out in an emergency, just like an octo.

Danny

DiverBry
10-09-2007, 23:44
I mounted mine on the right shoulder strap. My knife's sheath has two thumbscrews on the back, so I made holes in the shoulder strap webbing to match the sheath's threads.

Works great!

Bill22
10-10-2007, 07:43
I like keeping my BC knife on a hose-attachment to my LP inflator hose.

I have a UK Remora Titanium BC Knife with a hose attachment for the sheath... I have it attached to my LP inflator hose also. If you could figure out a way to attach it there (tie wraps maybe) it works really well. I also have a Titanium Blue Tang Knife that I wear on my calf. Always like to have a backup ;-)

nunofs
10-10-2007, 09:30
I mounted mine on the right shoulder strap. My knife's sheath has two thumbscrews on the back, so I made holes in the shoulder strap webbing to match the sheath's threads. Works great!

That's exactly what I was hoping to do, the sheath on my knife has two screws in the back too -- I just didn't find a suitable place to attach it to.

I have it attached to my LP inflator hose also. If you could figure out a way to attach it there (tie wraps maybe) it works really well.

I think I'll try that next... at first I was concerned that having the knife on the LP hose would be too bulky, and that I could accidentally bump it when reaching for the inflator, but seems like a good solution.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I appreciate it!

rfreddo
10-10-2007, 09:34
Scubastud16's suggestion got me thinking. Had to switch paradigms and think about it like an octo rather than an inflator. This product would probably work pretty well too:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BCOH4

LiteHedded
10-22-2007, 09:28
mine is attached to the brigade on the low pressure inflator hose
you can use cave line or zip ties for this depending on your mood