PDA

View Full Version : Egypt/Red Sea recommendations?

JugglingMonkeys
10-08-2007, 09:47
I'll be in Cairo for a couple days in November.

Any recommendations for a good site/operator in the Red Sea?
I've just got a couple days to travel there from Cairo and then get back.

really looking forward to diving the Red Sea, but need some ideas of what's possible...

Thanks!

TexasScuba53
10-21-2007, 07:46
I'll be in Cairo for a couple days in November.

Any recommendations for a good site/operator in the Red Sea?
I've just got a couple days to travel there from Cairo and then get back.

really looking forward to diving the Red Sea, but need some ideas of what's possible...

Thanks!

Oonas Dive Club Red Sea Diving Holiday Hotel, Oonas Dive Club, Sharm El Sheikh. (http://www.oonasdiveclub.com/) Round trip from Cairo on Egypt Air $120. Being off season, Oonas will probably make you a special deal! See my post on
"Best time of the year for the Red Sea"

JugglingMonkeys
10-22-2007, 21:00
Thanks
I've been looking at Oonas and some others.

Where did you find this $120 fare at?

TexasScuba53
10-22-2007, 22:15
Thanks
I've been looking at Oonas and some others.

Where did you find this $120 fare at?

Egypt Air website

scubaherald
10-22-2007, 22:27
Depends of where you want to go, Dahab is my favorite place, very calm, very chill out.
Sharm is good for diving, but very into parties, clubs, lots of people etc.

You can find all dive operators in Egypt at Dive Centers Egypt (http://www.divecentersegypt.com)

Take care and enjoy, the Red Sea is simply fantastic

JugglingMonkeys
10-25-2007, 21:28
Thanks
I might consider Dahab!
Been having trouble getting a reasonably priced place to stay in Sharm!

any recommendations on a place to stay in Dahab?

TexasScuba53
10-28-2007, 17:24
Been having trouble getting a reasonably priced place to stay in Sharm!

any recommendations on a place to stay in Dahab?

Have you checked Oonas Dive Club? I know of nowhere else where the combo hotel/diving could be any cheaper.

JugglingMonkeys
10-28-2007, 17:36
yes, i checked them.
ended up going with another operator and found a good deal on expedia for the hotel.

the problem is: i'm only in sharm for a couple of days and wanted to maximize my time diving, but most of the operators required a first checkout dive meaning i'd lose a day to the good dive spots.

but i've found one that doesn't. :smiley20:

TexasScuba53
10-29-2007, 16:34
yes, i checked them.
ended up going with another operator and found a good deal on expedia for the hotel.

the problem is: i'm only in sharm for a couple of days and wanted to maximize my time diving, but most of the operators required a first checkout dive meaning i'd lose a day to the good dive spots.

but i've found one that doesn't. :smiley20:

Good deal!!!! Have fun!!!!

scubadub
01-19-2008, 09:22
I know you've got somewhere but for anyone else, I've used:
http://www.emperordivers.com/
I found them to be a very well run and professional operation with instructors and guides of many nationalities.
They do liveaboard and land based diving all over the red sea. Their website is pretty good too if you just want to research the different areas / options.

Davec
08-17-2010, 11:52
Scubadub: I see this is an old thread, but we are looking at emporer for a trip next year. The liveaboard, can you share a little more about your experince with them? We are looking at a trip out of Hurghada for 7 days. Reefs and Wrecks they call it.

Thanks

Lulubelle
08-17-2010, 20:05
I have heard not to dive from land based destinations there as the water is chock full of garbage.

mcr0112
08-25-2010, 07:19
Used Dive Urge in Dahab ( all shore diving & small group )and was really happy with thier service. Used Sinai Divers in Sharm. 1st day was great, 2nd day was a cattle boat.