PDA

View Full Version : Boca area diving in February?

thor
10-08-2007, 09:10
I will be in the Boca area in the beginning of Feb. and I am looking for some suggestions for places to dive, dive co. and what kind of exposure protection. I will also have a car and I'm not afraid to use it. Thanks

No Misses
10-08-2007, 18:03
Thor, I'm sure that the water is way warmer than anything that you have in Asgard. You nordic types shave with ice chips, right? All joking aside, I dive a 3mil farmer john with beenie in the winter in South FL. I am on the lean side, so I get cold fast. I usually wear a 3 mil full suit all summer. The only exception is shore and shallow reef dives. For these I will just wear shorts & T shirt. Also, don't be suprised if the East winds kick up and turn the ocean into a churned up mess. Winter diving is a hit or miss proposition around here. Good luck.

eyezz
10-09-2007, 17:49
I will be in the Boca area in the beginning of Feb. and I am looking for some suggestions for places to dive, dive co. and what kind of exposure protection. I will also have a car and I'm not afraid to use it. Thanks

What type of dives were you looking to do Shore, dive boat?

Capt Hook
10-09-2007, 18:24
Check these guys out, you'll have a great time if the weather cooperates!

http://www.thediversity.com/diversity.htm

thor
10-10-2007, 08:46

What type of dives were you looking to do Shore, dive boat?

Boat.

pnevai
10-10-2007, 20:28
I will also have a car and I'm not afraid to use it.

:smilie39:We'll See:smilie39:

1. You must first learn to pronounce the name, it is:
"FLAAAAARIDA".

2. The morning rush hour is from 5:00am to noon. The evening rush
hour is from noon to 8:00pm. Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.

3. The minimum acceptable speed on most freeways is 85 mph. On I-95
your speed is expected to match the highway number. Anything less is
grounds to run you off the road while giving you the finger.

4. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Florida has its
own version of traffic rules. For example, cars/trucks with the loudest
muffler go first at a four-way stop; the trucks with the biggest tires go
second. However, SUV cell phone-talking moms ALWAYS have the right of way.

5. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed
out, and possibly shot.

6. Never honk at anyone. Ever. Seriously. It's another offense that
can get you shot.

7. Road construction is permanent and continuous in Florida. Detour
barrels are moved around for your entertainment pleasure during the middle of the night to make the next day's driving a bit more exciting.

8. Hollywood Blvd and Pines is the same road although some call t
Pembroke Pines Rd, which then gets confused with Pembroke Rd. which is just one traffic light over. Hallandale Beach Blvd is the same as Miramar
Parkway which is not a parkway at all. And if that isn't enough to remember Arvida Parkway which is also not a parkway at all has been renamed Royal Palm Blvd not to be mixed up with the Royal Palm Blvd located in Margate and Coral Springs (Which turns into Copans in Coconut Creek). State Road 7 is also RT 441 except when it turns into Military Trail. No one can figure out where Jog road really goes nor where it starts for that matter.

9. Of Course there is some confusion when you get to McNab as to
where it starts and where it ends. And more than several hundred people have run through the barricades of Haitus Rd. which dead ends flat off a major intersection.

9.5 Florida is the home of "You can't get there from here. Literally. You'll know this if get off of the turnpike northbound at Atlantic Blvd. Not to be confused by Atlantic Ave further down on the same road.

9.75 For your motoring fun and enjoyment the Florida Transportation Authority has placed Sun Pass only exits and entrances to Floridas Trunpike at key locations for your convenience. And to make sure you contribute to the local economy. This falls under the "You can't get there from here" catagory.

9.8 Pulling into any toll lane that is marked "change provided / Sun Pass" and paying by cash is another shootable offense, and the only place where honking is encouraged.

9.9 Florida highways are dual use facilities, Aircraft can use them if the need arises. Why else would all those people land thier little planes on I-95 so often?

10. If someone actually has their turn signal on, wave them to the
shoulder immediately to let them know it has been accidentally activated."

11. Merge means race like a madman and cut the person in line off
or better yet ---run them off the road.

12. For summer driving, it is advisable to wear potholders on your
hands.

13. If you are going to yell anything out the window, make sure it's in Spanish.

14. For the true Florida driving experience rent a convertible and drive between West Palm Beach and PGA Blvd on the turnpike with the top down to get the full flavor. North bound or South, dosn't matter.

Scubastud16
10-10-2007, 22:53
I would go w/ a 3mm and a hood (possibly), depending on how easily you get cold.