PDA

View Full Version : How/where to attach Zeagle's SMB to a Brigade?

nunofs
10-08-2007, 21:34
I recently bought the "Quick Deploy Signal Marker Kit" and am having trouble figuring out how and where to attach it to my Brigade BC. The picture shown at http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleDeployMarkerKit doesn't seem to match any mounting/attaching points in my BC, what is the recommended way to do it on a Brigade?

Thanks,
Nuno

ScottZeagle
10-09-2007, 09:28
Get a quick link and attach it to the bladder loop. It will lay right between your vest and your wing!

nunofs
10-09-2007, 10:10
Thanks, Scott! Something like this http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleQuickLinkwithStrap , or just the plain quick link without the strap?

ScottZeagle
10-09-2007, 10:59
That is the one!

The link WITH the strap!

deepdiver47
10-09-2007, 12:06
How do you like this SMB? I have been thinking about getting something along these lines.

I recently bought the "Quick Deploy Signal Marker Kit" and am having trouble figuring out how and where to attach it to my Brigade BC. The picture shown at http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleDeployMarkerKit doesn't seem to match any mounting/attaching points in my BC, what is the recommended way to do it on a Brigade?

Thanks,
Nuno

nunofs
10-09-2007, 12:19
That is the one!
The link WITH the strap!

Cool... and is one enough, or will I need two (one at the top of the SMB bag, one at the bottom)? The reason I'm asking is that I can see it dangling down if I just connect it at the top...

How do you like this SMB? I have been thinking about getting something along these lines.

I haven't had a chance to actually use it yet, just got it last week... but it seems very well built, out of though material, and has all the features I was looking for (namely different inflation modes). But it is big, bigger than I expected even after seeing pics.

deepdiver47
10-09-2007, 12:51
You had me at big nunofs, I am guessing that is 3-4 inches in diameter by 14" long?

That is the one!
The link WITH the strap!

Cool... and is one enough, or will I need two (one at the top of the SMB bag, one at the bottom)? The reason I'm asking is that I can see it dangling down if I just connect it at the top...

I haven't had a chance to actually use it yet, just got it last week... but it seems very well built, out of though material, and has all the features I was looking for (namely different inflation modes). But it is big, bigger than I expected even after seeing pics.

nunofs
10-09-2007, 13:05
You had me at big nunofs, I am guessing that is 3-4 inches in diameter by 14" long?

I don't have it here to give you exact dimensions, I can check later at home, or maybe Scott can give you the specs... but keep in mind that it includes the reel too, so it's not a fair direct comparison to other SMBs. Though big, I like the fact that it's a kit, and very nicely packaged in a carrying/deploying bag.

ScottZeagle
10-09-2007, 13:32

One is enough. Hook it the top and the rest just lays in there snugly!

I just measured one and I got about 3 1/2" in diameter and about 12 1/2" long. Once you install it on the BC it doesn't seem big at all....to me at least...YMMV.

Thanks,

Scott

nunofs
10-09-2007, 19:05
I just measured one and I got about 3 1/2" in diameter and about 12 1/2" long. Once you install it on the BC it doesn't seem big at all

Just got home and had to go try it out... it does indeed fit very neatly between the vest and the bladder! (now just need to get the qiuck link, I tired it with zip-ties)

And you're right, Scott, in that spot it doesn't look too big anymore.

Thanks again,
Nuno

TxScubaBear
10-12-2007, 06:53
Wow...nice looking rig and snugs out of the way also instead of dangling......dang it, another spending spree I need to plan at ST again!