PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the PT Miniwave LED?

niko5
07-16-2007, 21:44
I was looking at this light, anyone tried one?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MiniWaveLed</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

FishFood
07-16-2007, 21:51
Ive got one. I use it ALL the time. In the water and out. Ive used it while working on my truck, the next time i take it in the water Ill cause an oil slick :D
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Its a good slolid light. Ive taken er fairly deep, and dropped it plenty. Still going. Its LED, so GREAT battery life!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Once again, it's LED, so It displays a bright, sharp, focused beam. </DIV>

Lucky(AR)
07-16-2007, 23:02
i have the same one great strong light

plot
07-17-2007, 19:42
I have the bigger one (only difference is it holds more batteries)... the sucker is bright, I can't even compare the light it puts off to what my PT bulb light does... for the money, I don't think you can do much better.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I have this as a backup light: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TorrentLedLight</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>And it's just about as bright as the full blown PT LED under water up close. From farthur away you can tell a difference (out of the water anyways) between it and the big LED light, but it's still blows all the normal bulb lights away.</DIV>

Joew
07-18-2007, 03:48
My friend has the Shockwave, which is the 8 cell version. It has the same light output, but twice the burntime. It is very bright and is nice and compact. I'm considering the smaller Miniwave, myself. 4 hours burntime on high power is more than enough for me.

tc_rain
07-19-2007, 14:57
A friend has one and said he was not real happy with it but he was comparing it to anotherís light cannon. Huge difference in price between the two though.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

thesmoothdome
07-19-2007, 19:48
A friend has one and said he was not real happy with it but he was comparing it to anotherís light cannon. Huge difference in price between the two though.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I scored my LC for the same price as my wife's PT shockwave LED. Only later did I find out that light cannon bulbs were $75.00 each. I had both of them side by side and while the LC is amazing, I thought the PT held its own fairly well. I'd gladly dive with either light. </DIV>

tc_rain
07-19-2007, 19:57
Either you got a great price on the LC or a bad price on the shockwave.ST list the shockwave at 109.99 and the LC at 251.99 I have not seen the beam on the shockwave but I can say the LC is great

thesmoothdome
07-19-2007, 22:23
Either you got a great price on the LC or a bad price on the shockwave.ST list the shockwave at 109.99 and the LC at 251.99 I have not seen the beam on the shockwave but I can say the LC is great
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Don't tell Larry or Joe, but I only paid $90.00 for each of the lights. Caught a sale at the bigbox sporting goodsstore out here and bought the last 2 shockwaves they had. Started packing for Belize on Thursday night and discovered one of the lights was broken. Returned it Friday morning expecting to confirm that there were no more in stock, but one of the guys "checks the computer" to find out that there is one at another store 15 minutes away and calls over there. I mention that there wasn't even one in the case the other day when I was in there and to ask the salesperson to physically verify and hold one for me if there is one in stock. He does, and the salesperson reassures him that they have one waiting for me. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Naturally, the sales monkey doesn't have one for me when I arrive. He runs around trying to locate one and it's obvious he never bothered to check when he took the call 15 minutes before. After me repeatedly asking him if he even checked the inventory, he admits to me that he was really busy when he took the call and never checked.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Well, long story short, the manager catches me on the way out and asks me if there were any other lights they had in stock that would work for me. Honestly, there were none that were close to the Shockwave LED's wattage, size and price pointand I told him that. He asked again if there was a light he had that would work for me. I explained the only light in stock thatI'dactuallywant was the LC, but I was really happy with our working shockwave anddidn't really plan on spending much more than that for a light. He told me that my businessand satisfaction was more important than money at this point andjust swapped out the LC for the broken shockwave.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>This is definately an example of the big box stores being able to do things that an LDS couldn't do, and I do appreciate the effort Patrick, the manager, made to appease me. It's unfortunate that a store like this can't find quality people to work there though. The kid working there was still in training and basically alone in the SCUBA section. He didn't know the difference between a snorkel and a SCUBA tank. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Hmmm...maybe this should be in another thread. I'll shut up now. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

tc_rain
07-19-2007, 22:28
WOW-- You should have ran out and bought a lottery ticket next with luck like that going for you. I want a LC but telling the wife I just paid $250 for a flashlight woudl get me a sore back from sleeping on the couch. She still has a hard time dealing with a $1800 drysuit.