PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Bio-Fin Pro vs. Bio-Fin XT vs. ScubaPro TwinJets

Geronimo
10-09-2007, 22:49
I'd like to hear from anyone that has much experience in diving with Apollo Bio Fins and ScubaPro Twinjets. How do they compare? What differences did you notice?

Here on Saipan, most people in the split fin crowd are using the Twin Jets.
I had a chance to dive both the Bio-Fins and the TwinJets and didn't really notice much of a difference except it seemed to me the Bio-Fin had a better fitting foot pocket. That may have been my imagination, I didn't get to use either for long.

Also, what's the difference between the Bio Fin XT and the Bio Fin Pro? I was planning on getting the XTs for my wife and I but she wants smalls and the XT doesn't seem to come in a small so I suppose I need to get her the Pros. Question is then, do I need to spend the extra $10 on the XTs for myself? Is there any noticable difference in them?

BobArnold8265
10-10-2007, 08:29
Check out the latest edition of Scuba Diving Magazine. It has test results for 15 different fins. The Apollo Bio Pro Split fins did extremely well. The Scubapro split fins did realitively poorly (especially compared to the Apollo's). The main difference is design and materials used. The Apollo fins seem to provide the user with much more power than the Scubapro. I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed (I have a pair of the Scubapro's)

ScubaToys Larry
10-10-2007, 09:05
Correct... We used to sell both in the shop, and people comparing them in our pool ended up with the Apollo every time.

As far as the XT - they are a slightly stiffer rubber compound, that while it gives a feeling that you're doing more - they are actually slightly slower and less efficient. But some people just don't like the feel that they are not wearing fins when they kick the standard bios - so they do the stiffer ones.

okidiver
10-13-2007, 21:29
I own the Bio's and my dad has got the twin jet black (stiffer and negative bouyant). One day we swapped fins just to see if their is a real big difference. Sure is. The Bio's don't have the "jets" like the Twin Jets do. So for the Twin Jets, I look at that as a loss of power right their. another is the backbone on the Bio's and Twin Jets. The Bio's are a little bit more stiffer than the Twin Jet black. Again, loss of power. Now don't get wrong the Twin Jets are good fins, especially in a flutter but overall they just don't generate the performance that the Bio's has to offer.

Hidreck
10-17-2007, 01:03
The Bio's don't have the "jets" like the Twin Jets do. So for the Twin Jets, I look at that as a loss of power right their. another is the backbone on the Bio's and Twin Jets. The Bio's are a little bit more stiffer than the Twin Jet black. Again, loss of power. Now don't get wrong the Twin Jets are good fins, especially in a flutter but overall they just don't generate the performance that the Bio's has to offer.

I have used the twin jets and thay are a good fin. but when it came time to by a set of fins I got the Bio Pro. As it was sead befor you don't know you have them on under the water but still have good power.