PDA

View Full Version : Aeris Dive Computer USB

dludwig
10-10-2007, 17:49
Has anyone had experience w/ this? I have an ELITE Hoseless. I am terrible about logging dives. Hoping this will correct my short-coming :smiley21:

CaribbeanDiver
10-12-2007, 08:02
I used the Uwatec Smart Com for a while and transferred my dives to the computer. Smart Trak is pretty good software and I liked all the detailed info and record keeping.

But, as things go, I gave the Smart Com to my son and got an Aeris Elite T3 hoseless for me to use. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you much about what it records and what the software tracks but I am taking it for a spin at the end of this month and when I get back, I can let you know.

Lastly, I am going to suggest that you manually log your dives and use the tables just to be sure. A computer is fine but do you want to trust your life with it?
It isnt necessary to get into great detail in logging, but date, time, site location, BT, SI and other pertinent info is not a big deal to record.

dludwig
10-12-2007, 18:13
You are absolutely right. I know I am terrible about my logs and that I need to improve. :smiley29: I still have my last couple dives from Mermet Springs on my computer but haven't gotten them to my logbook.

Let me know how things work w/ your Elite

Dennis

CaribbeanDiver
10-12-2007, 20:03
You are absolutely right. I know I am terrible about my logs and that I need to improve. :smiley29: I still have my last couple dives from Mermet Springs on my computer but haven't gotten them to my logbook.

Let me know how things work w/ your Elite

Dennisno problem, I am anxious to try it out. I was not too keen on the new fandangled hoseless transmitter thing but if it works like a charm on my trip, I will be a convert.

dimitrimj
11-08-2007, 15:53
I have an Aeris Ai and I'm pleased with the amount of info on the download. Some of the detail I don't put in the log when I dive, such as starting and finishing air pressure and water temp.

Big Mike
11-10-2007, 11:01
I have an Aeris AI with the USB downloader. I love it. I keep both a computer logbook and a paper one. I download the day's dives, then put them into the paper logbook. Make's life a bit easier:smiley20: