PDA

View Full Version : frankc420 or cummings66?

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 22:48
Who's gonna make it first? I know you guys are racing.smileys/smiley2.gif

Lucky(AR)
07-16-2007, 22:53
best of luck to both we are all trying

frankc420
07-16-2007, 22:55
LOL, you guys are taking count? Yeah, so am I! :P

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:01
OMG it's so close!

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:02
Quick, what's your guys favorite fin color?

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:02
Blunt or sharp tip knives?

frankc420
07-16-2007, 23:03
It's gonna be him.. I went and watched Dirty Jobssmileys/smiley5.gif

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:03
What won't you eat for breakfast before diving?

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:04
cummings66 by a snorkel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frankc420
07-16-2007, 23:04
Mexican food.. or anything with salsa. I guess anything that would give me gas! Ah man you were trying to help me out but I didn't catch on! :)

cummings66
07-16-2007, 23:06
I don't dive with a snorkel, well I did for rescue and let me tell you I HATE them with a passion.

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:06
Mexican food.. or anything with salsa. I guess
anything that would give me gas! Ah man you were trying to help
me out but I didn't catch on! :)

Well, you're in now. Even if you're the first loser!smileys/smiley2.gif You still get the same prize though, that doesn't suck seaweed!

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:08
Ok, you guys, put in your Pm and go to bed, seriously though great job!
Both of you guys rock and have been very helpful to all of us! Thanks!

frankc420
I don't dive with a snorkel, well I did for rescue and let me tell you I HATE them with a passion.

You have to dive w/ a snorkel during rescue? OH the agony!

Seriously though, why?

cummings66
To be honest, I don't remember what the deal was about 250 postings? What's it about? I know about the 10 and fired off an email about that, I also asked if they could get something I don't see listed.

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:09
Uh huh, sure.

frankc420
07-16-2007, 23:10
To be honest, I don't remember what the deal was about 250 postings? What's it about? I know about the 10 and fired off an email about that, I also asked if they could get something I don't see listed.

Yeah uh huh sure! :)

$50 gift certificate for 250 posts.

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:11
You get the $50 for 250 posts silly! Plus you were the first, so now you have bragging rights. Like you didn't know.

cummings66
07-16-2007, 23:11
The reason for the snorkel is say you're on a boat and see a diver having issues in the water. Of course for some reason you have no buoyancy aid, the boat won't move, and he's too far away to do a reach.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Well, the last thing you want to do is get in the water, so now we have to. You're not going to always want full scuba gear on so you take mask fins and snorkel which lets you quickly get to them.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>So the theory is. The flaw is you keep your head up so you can see where they're at anyways, plus you have others directing you.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The other reason is the class standards say you have to have one.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>For me the routine was to remove my mask and snorkel first before I did anything else, I have a bungee'd backup and let me tell you the first time I did it without that trick it was a disaster.</DIV>

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:12
I'm gonna get to 250 from this thread alone and then be disqualified for not providing good content.smileys/smiley19.gif

cummings66
07-16-2007, 23:13
Nope, honestly I didn't know about the $50, only about making 250 posts got something. I'm not sure though, it does include others doing that doesn't it?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I really didn't pay a lot of attention there. I mean I could use the $50 as I want something that I hope they can get for me, but I wouldn't bet heavily on it at this time.</DIV>

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:13
The reason for the snorkel is say you're on a boat
and see a diver having issues in the water. Of course for some
reason you have no buoyancy aid, the boat won't move, and he's too far
away to do a reach.
<div></div>
<div>Well, the last thing you want to do is get in the water, so now we
have to. You're not going to always want full scuba gear on so
you take mask fins and snorkel which lets you quickly get to them.</div>
<div></div>
<div>So the theory is. The flaw is you keep your head up so you
can see where they're at anyways, plus you have others directing you.</div>
<div></div>
<div>The other reason is the class standards say you have to have one.</div>
<div></div>
<div>For me the routine was to remove my mask and snorkel first before
I did anything else, I have a bungee'd backup and let me tell you the
first time I did it without that trick it was a disaster.</div>

Look, he's trying to be all modest about 250. smileys/smiley36.gif

frankc420
07-16-2007, 23:14
I'm gonna get to 250 from this thread alone and then be disqualified for not providing good content.smileys/smiley19.gif

Pfft. Any content is good content smileys/smiley4.gif

We could have easily hit 250 posts by greeting people! Which about 15 of my posts were actually greetings! smileys/smiley32.gif

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:15
Nope, honestly I didn't know about the $50, only
about making 250 posts got something. I'm not sure though, it
does include others doing that doesn't it?

I really didn't pay a lot of attention there. I mean I could use
the $50 as I want something that I hope they can get for me, but I
wouldn't bet heavily on it at this time.

Yeah send your PM along with frank, get your code, spend a little extra, go crazy! Nice job Groupers!

cummings66
07-16-2007, 23:15
Nope, he asked why the snorkel. I even asked my instructor when I could get rid of it because it's such a PITA with a BP/W bungee'd second. I even managed to push the button on my snorkel trying to get air in my bc to keep a diver afloat. A bit embarrased over that one, but it and my inflator were bumping each other due to the short inflator hose.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I should not my snorkel doesn't have a button on it and it didn't work very well, plus the instructor dumped his air when I got to him, dramatic effect when he realized I goofed.</DIV>

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:16
Nope, he asked why the snorkel. I even asked my
instructor when I could get rid of it because it's such a PITA with a
BP/W bungee'd second. I even managed to push the button on my
snorkel trying to get air in my bc to keep a diver afloat. A bit
embarrased over that one, but it and my inflator were bumping each
other due to the short inflator hose.

Ok stop it, you're killing me. smileys/smiley4.gif

cummings66
07-16-2007, 23:17
I should greet more people, I tend to answer more postings than I do greet.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>DandyDon greets a lot of people though on SB.</DIV>

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:18
I bet frank has already sent his pm and is currently adding something to the shopping cart.

cummings66
07-16-2007, 23:19
Seriously, you ever take rescue? That dang snorkel gets in the way if you have a BP/W and don't have a long inflator. My instructor kept hitting me where I goofed up, normally due to the snorkel or failure to find how he trapped his weights.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>One time he did that and I couldn't find the release so I come up behind straddled his tank, he dumped his air and disconected his inflator hose, so I blew air in manually.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>He liked to do odd things.</DIV>

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:20
Yeah Lucky(AR) is getting his greeting badge as we speak.smileys/smiley2.gif

cummings66
07-16-2007, 23:20
I had an email address to send from the 10 postings bit and sent it earlier. I didn't ask for that one until just a bit ago.

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:21
I have never taken rescue, nor have I ever had a tank on my back. I'm new.smileys/smiley9.gif

cummings66
07-16-2007, 23:22
Hey, I got3 stars now, I'm a grouper. Too bad all the post counts and stuff will probably go away when they switch software.

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:23
I had an email address to send from the 10 postings
bit and sent it earlier. I didn't ask for that one until just a
bit ago.

Well, get on it. If you aren't gonna use it, go ahead and foward me the code. smileys/smiley36.gif

Cichlid
07-16-2007, 23:24
Hey, I got3 stars now, I'm a grouper. Too bad
all the post counts and stuff will probably go away when they switch
software.

Yeah, right when I'm typing post #249, I'm sure. smileys/smiley19.gif

ScubaToys Larry
07-16-2007, 23:33
Hey, I got3 stars now, I'm a grouper. Too bad all the post counts and stuff will probably go away when they switch software.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>No, I was talking to their support guys... everything will import from this - we should have all posts and ratings when we switch over...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

techgnostic
07-16-2007, 23:34
Seriously, you ever take rescue? That dang snorkel gets in the way if you have a BP/W and don't have a long inflator. My instructor kept hitting me where I goofed up, normally due to the snorkel or failure to find how he trapped his weights.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>One time he did that and I couldn't find the release so I come up behind straddled his tank, he dumped his air and disconected his inflator hose, so I blew air in manually.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>He liked to do odd things.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The 4-part Discovery CH show on PJs spent a while showing a tank of a guy (Sgt. Pack) disrupting snorkelbuddy breathing exercises to simulate rough surf...imagine your rescue instructor on PCP fighting to keep you from saving him. I like the air-dump trick, I'm gonna use that on my buddy next time we have a pool night.</DIV>

frankc420
07-16-2007, 23:35
You guys are cracking me up!

The post counts should stick when they migrate over to whatever forum system.. that's the good thing about migrations :)

techgnostic
07-16-2007, 23:36
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>No, I was talking to their support guys... everything will import from this - we should have all posts and ratings when we switch over...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Sweeeeeeet. I wanna keep my Guppy-hood.</DIV>

94GTStang
07-17-2007, 00:09
I ditched my snorkel as soon as my OW training was over. Couldn't stand something floating around by my head.

cummings66
07-17-2007, 00:11
I'm glad to hear things should cross over well, it seems it's time to go to bed. I've made the once over of the forums and the wife says its time to hit the sack. Guess I gotta do it.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Later.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>PS, my instructor even turned off his tank and disconnected his air on the surface during one, then I guess he trusted me a bit because he went negative on me.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I did enjoy it when after one rescue I was slowly getting my gear back in order, untangling the longhose and all after the beach scene. He's slowly headed back out and we're chatting about nonsence and he starts describing something to me. Then he says, and it begins now. Of course I thought I had my gear on, so I bend over to start swimming and don't move, he had noticed I left my fins on the beach.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I swear, every time I made a mistake he'd hit me on it, that time he changed what was supposed to be a panicked diver to a panic'd diver who drowns because the rescuer doesn't have his act together. So now I get to do a search pattern and bring up an unconscious diver because I left my fins on the beach while gearing up.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I don't know if all instructor take advantage of their students, or maybe I just gave him the openings. I enjoyed my course and learned a lot from it.</DIV>

techgnostic
07-17-2007, 00:37
Then he says, and it begins now. Of course I thought I had my gear on, so I bend over to start swimming and don't move, he had noticed I left my fins on the beach.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I swear, every time I made a mistake he'd hit me on it, that time he changed what was supposed to be a panicked diver to a panic'd diver who drowns because the rescuer doesn't have his act together. So now I get to do a search pattern and bring up an unconscious diver because I left my fins on the beach while gearing up.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I don't know if all instructor take advantage of their students, or maybe I just gave him the openings. I enjoyed my course and learned a lot from it.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Sounds like you had a great instructor....</DIV>