PDA

View Full Version : Dive Alert Plus + Atomic SS1?

FishFood
10-12-2007, 23:28
Ive got a Dive Alert Plus on back order through ScubaToys. The person im getting it for just got a new Atmoic SS1 air integrated octo. Will the Dive Alert Plus work with it?

EDIT:

Im assuming the answer is no... What keeps it from working with the air integrateds?

gtoph
10-15-2007, 18:00
Ive got a Dive Alert Plus on back order through ScubaToys. The person im getting it for just got a new Atmoic SS1 air integrated octo. Will the Dive Alert Plus work with it?

EDIT:

Im assuming the answer is no... What keeps it from working with the air integrateds?

There are a couple different versions that offer different connectors. The wife has one hooked up to her alternate (forgot what it is, but it's not the ss1). I was thinking of getting one myself and I do have the SS1... pretty sure my LDS said I just needed a different connector and it would work fine.

Splitlip
10-15-2007, 20:00

EDIT:

The LP hose for the SS1 has a different QD than the standard inflators as do all the alternate inflators. Need to supply air at a such a volume it can be breathed.

The standard Dive alerts can a be purchased configured to fit most if not all alternate inflators so I imagine that is or will be the case for the plus.

Make certain that ST knows it is intended for use with the SS1.