PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuit price differences

prodjbm
10-13-2007, 14:55
I have been looking for a 7MM wetsuit and noticed a big difference in pricing, as low as 79 bucks from a placed called Tommy D sports in Fla. (sells on e bay) Why do the prices differ so much and is a lower priced wetsuit worth it for someone who does not get in a lot of dives.

Scubastud16
10-13-2007, 15:29
First and foremost, there is a difference in quality. Stitching, material, glues, designs and cuts, etc. all make a difference.

You also pay for the name. There really is a quality difference though. I would reccomend getting a suit (especially something as expensive as a 7mm that needs to be made well and fit well) from a well known company. Henderson, Bare, etc. all make great suits.

Danny

subsur
10-13-2007, 16:44
i bought 7 mm one-piece suit in May for ~$380. it's merino lined suite of a great construction. Henderson suits are even more expensive (their stretchy models). as Scubastud16 said, look at stitching, material, glue etc. Pinnacle, Bare, Henderson, Akona are some of the known names in the industry. Fit is foremost important so i'd suggest a trip to LDS rather than buyin on the internet.

ScubaJenn81
10-13-2007, 17:21
I agree, you can buy a cheap suit and have it last a few dives and then be out whatever you paid for it, or you can pay more for something that you are actually comfortable in, belive me, it makes your dives a lot more enjoyable.

prodjbm
10-13-2007, 19:20
Thanks guys, I could never buy a wetsuit online because of my weird body shape (ex-body builder) but the place I refered to in Fla is enroute to a location i frequent in fla several times a year so I could stop by and try it on. again, thanks

danielh03
10-13-2007, 21:36
I have a similar problem, not the ex body building one, but body shape. I wont say I am out of shape because its not true, I am just a round shape! lol, no but really, I have a very broad chest, so finding the right fit for me is a pain.

tarheeldiver
10-17-2007, 15:09
I have a Tilos 7/5 semidry that I got from ST that I think is very good wetsuit for the price, I think it was about 150.00 or less they had to order it not on their website
greg