PDA

View Full Version : Full foot fins - any advice in addition to the reviews?

mitsuguy
10-14-2007, 20:15
So, I've read the reviews about the full foot fins out there, and just need to know if there is anything in addition that I should look for?

I have a set of Tusa Zoom fins, but they are just horrible for surface swimming with your face in the water... I think its a combination of my 5mm Tilos boots that have a good amount of buoyancy and the angle of the fins... I absolutely love the fins under water, but unless I'm on my back on the surface, they are horrible...

I just started pool swimming again, getting in shape and ready for the divemaster exams (I realize its a few months off obviously, but I like to be prepared) Anyways, did the required float and standard swim with no issues, but got 1/4 of the way through the fin swim and my feet started hurting because I was fighting to keep the fin in the water... Plus I figure I'm going to end up in warm water all the time, so I might as well get a set of closed heel fins...

RoadRacer1978
10-14-2007, 20:19
I'd just say make sure you get a pair that fit very well. Can't adjust an preformed pocket. Don't just try them on, use them in a pool if you can and see if they meet your needs. Wear your gear if possible as well and see if they meet your requirements with the gear you will be wearing. I think it is very imortant to test out the gear and just as important to test it under as close as possible to your actual diving situation.

mitsuguy
10-14-2007, 20:30
And, according to Scuba Diving, the Mares Avanti Superchannel is the fastest, highest thrust full foot fin of the new stuff... Anyone have em? (full foot or not?)

Aussie
10-15-2007, 09:06
What about the Cressi Gara3000?

thats a nice full foot fin

Aussie

No Misses
10-15-2007, 10:15
I have a pair of Mares full foot avanti fins (~2000 vintage). I have tried others but I keep coming back to these as my favorite fins. The new avanti super channel fins look very similar. It apears that the center channel flexes more. I may have to try out a pair soon ;-)