PDA

View Full Version : How should boots fit?

lovesmexico615
10-15-2007, 11:01
Went out for my first dive with new boots. When I took them off I poured out half the ocean as well. In the shop I was told that they fit fine, but I'm thinking they might be a bit big...

cal2632
10-15-2007, 11:21
Unless you're diving dry, you're going to end up with water in your boots. You can always ask your LDS to let you try on the next smallest size.

fire diver
10-15-2007, 11:25
They should be comfortable without any "wobbly-ness" when you put them on. They should feel like wearing a pair of sneakers. And yes, it's normal to dump out water each time.

FD

BobbyWombat
10-15-2007, 11:45
Boots being a little big is OK since the fins kinda cinch them down anyways. If you can walk around without them flopping/wobbling, then your are probably OK.

Water in them is normal, don't sweat that.

Boots that are too small can cause problems with rubbing badly, particularly then end of your toes. You could try the next size down, but I don't know if you could talk your LDS into taking them back at this point.

-BW

lovesmexico615
10-15-2007, 12:30
They fit like sneakers... it was the guy from LDS laughing when I dumped my boots that had me thinking that they might be big...

dallasdivergirl
10-15-2007, 12:52
I always have tons of water come out of mine.

Just ignore the guy.

BSea
10-15-2007, 13:23
They fit like sneakers... it was the guy from LDS laughing when I dumped my boots that had me thinking that they might be big...

Did you have the legs of your wetsuit inside the boots? If so, then when you get out the water from your wetsuit would go into your boots. It would also explain his laughing.

lovesmexico615
10-15-2007, 13:30
Nope, wetsuit on the outside. But there were ankle zippers that i couldn't get zipped down all the way. It felt like I had a good seal there, but I guess not.

BSea
10-15-2007, 13:35
Then it's probably just the normal amount of water that we all get in boots. I think a good way to tell if when you walk around after a dive, there is so much water that you notice when you raise your feet to walk. If you ever see anyone with the legs of their wetsuit inside their boots, you'll notice right away when they get out of the water.

ertechsg
10-15-2007, 13:58
I always dive with my wetsuit inside my boots just to lazy to reach back down and place the suit on the outside. as for the water just unzip at the end of the dive

Hidreck
10-17-2007, 00:52
Nope, wetsuit on the outside. But there were ankle zippers that i couldn't get zipped down all the way. It felt like I had a good seal there, but I guess not.

The ankle zippers don't matter, the water get into the boots mostly by the zippers on the boots. Unless your diving dry there is no way to get around it. as for the amount of water it don't mater as long as you feet don't get cold.

UCFKnightDiver
10-17-2007, 01:16
Yep I agree you always have water in them, and if you think about it there is usually some water still in the wetsuit as you get out, and trust me my wet suit is not too loose lol!!!!

danielh03
10-17-2007, 02:32
wet suit on the outside of the boots, isn't that sacreligous or something lol!

BuzzF117
10-17-2007, 10:23
Tried Oneill and TUSA boots they both get water in them Oneail's make my arches of my feet hurt so I stick with the TUSA they have a stiffer bottom

lmorin
10-17-2007, 16:08
Wetsuit outside of boots, just like pants outside of socks. Also, you might try what I did--create a leak in your boots to lose the water. I took a nail, held it in pliers over the burner (lighted) of a stove and heated the nail until red. Then, I pushed it through the sole of the boot, melting rubber and nylon. This created a nice hole that allows most of the water to squish out with a little walking. Pick your own spot for the hole and decide for yourself how many might be more useful. I have one right in the middle of the sole.

danielh03
10-17-2007, 19:13
Wetsuit outside of boots, just like pants outside of socks. Also, you might try what I did--create a leak in your boots to lose the water. I took a nail, held it in pliers over the burner (lighted) of a stove and heated the nail until red. Then, I pushed it through the sole of the boot, melting rubber and nylon. This created a nice hole that allows most of the water to squish out with a little walking. Pick your own spot for the hole and decide for yourself how many might be more useful. I have one right in the middle of the sole.

Ok, I gotta ask, did you take your boot off first?:smilie39: Ok really though, what size nail did you use? and how much flow through does it allow?