PDA

View Full Version : Diving Negril in 19 Days!

HedoDiver
10-15-2007, 18:42
Hi gang! I will be making my annual trip to Jamaica in just 19 short days!:comic11:
I go to an all inclusive that offers 2 boat dives a day. I enjoy the gin clear, warm water, and I have seen a variety of sea life during both day & night dives. I go with my wife (non-diver :() and a great group of people, so both land & sea activities are fully enjoyed. While it is not as colorful as other area in the tropics, Negril still offers some great diving.:smiley20:

Aussie
10-15-2007, 18:44
Have a great time.

Post a report on your trip when you get back. I dont get to hear much about the diving over that way from over here (Australia).

Cheers Aussie

Kokomo
10-15-2007, 18:48
Have a great time! Please take pics and post a trip report when you get back. Happy and safe diving!

Geekybiker
10-17-2007, 17:58
I went to Jamaica a couple years back and it was dead, dead, dead. Maybe it was just the spots Sandals was taking us to. But hey, at least it was underwater.

Willar
10-24-2007, 21:29
I love diving around Negril! My favorite sites are the Arches and the Deep Plane. Have a great time!

If you happen to be at Delroy's bar, tell Delroy and Scumba hello for me!

divnhank
10-25-2007, 10:43
share pics!

charlesml3
10-25-2007, 12:29
I went to Jamaica a couple years back and it was dead, dead, dead.

Same here. I won't be going back to Jamaica after that trip. Pollution and overfishing killed that reef. Besides, I can go to Coz for the same amount of money (or a little less, even).

-Charles

chace_nicole
10-25-2007, 13:48
Hedodiver, could you share what sites/areas you like to dive there? I have a friend getting married there in May & would like to do some diving while I am there.

mike_s
10-25-2007, 15:34
Hedodiver, could you share what sites/areas you like to dive there? .

somehow, with a name like "Hedo"diver, I'm betting he's diving from Hedonism. It's on the south end of 7 mile beach near Sandels, Couples, and Grand Lido.

The diving in that area is actually pretty good. all reefs though. not tons of fish, but decent diving. I've dove better reefs elsewhere, but it's still definately better than cold quarry diving.

chace_nicole
10-25-2007, 15:40
Hedodiver, could you share what sites/areas you like to dive there? .

somehow, with a name like "Hedo"diver, I'm betting he's diving from Hedonism. It's on the south end of 7 mile beach near Sandels, Couples, and Grand Lido.

The diving in that area is actually pretty good. all reefs though. not tons of fish, but decent diving. I've dove better reefs elsewhere, but it's still definately better than cold quarry diving.

thanks...most definitely better than our lake diving I hear ya! :)

WaScubaDude
10-25-2007, 17:13
Hi gang! I will be making my annual trip to Jamaica in just 19 short days!:comic11:
I go to an all inclusive that offers 2 boat dives a day. I enjoy the gin clear, warm water, and I have seen a variety of sea life during both day & night dives. I go with my wife (non-diver :() and a great group of people, so both land & sea activities are fully enjoyed. While it is not as colorful as other area in the tropics, Negril still offers some great diving.:smiley20:

We will see you there! We leave Seattle on the 18th, a few days at Firefly to get our beach-groove on then off to Hedo the 21st thru Dec 1st.
We are Sean & Sheila by the way. Buy you a drink when we get there!! lol.

HedoDiver
10-30-2007, 08:50
I love diving around Negril! My favorite sites are the Arches and the Deep Plane. Have a great time!

If you happen to be at Delroy's bar, tell Delroy and Scumba hello for me!

IF I am at Delroys! If I am not diving, I can be found at Delroys :)

Yes, I do frequent Hedonism II. They include two boat dives per day. I have dove the locales mentioned above, plus others like Frenchman's reef, etc.
Remember, my wife does not dive, and we travel together, so Jamaica is a nice place for us both. I would not choose it for a dive only vacation, but as a relaxing vacation, it fits the bill perfectly. Plus cost free diving is a big plus!