PDA

View Full Version : Two New SCUBA Divers

creggur
07-17-2007, 07:29
Well my wife and I finished our checkdives yesterday, and I'm proud to announce there are two new NAUI certified SCUBA divers today!!!http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/More%20Smiles/eyebrow.gif

All went well on the checkdives except for a little trouble with my BCD... When I was doing my BC remove and replace skill demonstration I had a little problem. When I was trying to get it back on I knocked my weight belt loose and it fell off. Fortunately it fell accross my calf and with my leg bent I was able hold it there and maintain my position. So then I get my BC back on, but the cummerbund has folded under and I couldn't secure my BC. So I'm struggling to get the left side of the cummerbund back out, holding my weight belt on my right calf.

I never panicked, but I did suck down some serious air during this exercise.. So I finally get the cummerbund out and BC secured, and I'm ready to put the weight belt back on... As luck would have it as I get prone with the weight belt around me it's on backward...http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/Standard%20Smiles/11doh.gif So I had to get it turned around and going the right way. Finally I get it back on correctly.... Though it was a struggle, and I blew through some air doing all of this, I was quite proud of myself for not panicking, and just working through the situation as best I could.... All in all it was a fun day at Ginnie Springs in Florida....

Vercingetorix
07-17-2007, 08:03
Congrats and welcome to the club!!!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>How did you like the "graduation" initiation? Fun rituals, eh? The secret handshake. That *special* phrase. How long was the gauntlet that you ran where you wore nothing but mask and fins (those fins darn near tripped me)? Then, the final sacrifices to Neptune. Good times...good times.</DIV>

Queen
07-17-2007, 08:05
Congratulations on your accomplishment!! smileys/smiley32.gif

ertechsg
07-17-2007, 11:33
Sounds like you'll make a good diver.JOB WELL DONE!

jacewindu
07-17-2007, 12:20
congrats; welcome to the club!

GottaDiveMore
07-17-2007, 12:28
Congrats !!! Find a good dive club, find a good dive shop, and keep that bookmark for ST.

frankc420
07-17-2007, 15:58
Congratulations! I'm sure you will be a great diver! Keep up the training!

FishFood
07-17-2007, 16:09
Congrats to you both! Weclome to the dive world, now hand over your credit cards :)

przeor
07-18-2007, 02:51
Congrats! Have you decided on a second job to feed you addiction yet... oops, maybe I shoudln't ruin that surprise!

Cichlid
07-18-2007, 07:10
Congrats! Delivering pizza isn't a bad second job fyi.

thesmoothdome
07-20-2007, 00:48
Congrats, and don't sweat the BC weight belt thing. Very few fish are asking you to do skills and the fact that you were able to deal with the situation says a lot for your comfort underwater. Enjoy diving!

medic001918
07-20-2007, 02:05
Congratulations. Many happy dives for you and your SO. Enjoy all the good times that scuba brings.
<DIV>
Shane</DIV>

gunnarman
07-20-2007, 19:19
congrats. wecome, and say hello to a new addiction.

the gooch
07-20-2007, 21:33
Congrats on your new cert. Now say goodbye to all your $. Did your instructor have you grossly overweighted in the fresh water like mine did at Weeki Wachee